fifteen

.

.

.

Eli stayed up all night after watching Dreamgirls with her new family. And of course, after introducing her new to her old.

She was getting adopted, like for real. 

As a young girl, she always thought about this moment. Though her expectations were pretty low every time a couple came by her foster family's home and didn't pick her. Plus, turning 18 really sealed that fate for her. 

Who would've thought it would take falling out of a ceiling in order to be adopted. Over 200 years in the future no doubt. 

The truth was, Eli didn't get a lot of sleep that night. She was too busy thinking about her legal upcoming adoption and the fact that she was somehow Bakugo's aunt. Nezu had said it was a biological relationship, and since her birth mother had died she assumed it was on her birth father's side of the family. 

She didn't think it was too much of a stretch to have lineage here in Japan, but she did figure it was quite the coincidence that Bakugo happened to be in the class she was an impromptu TA of.

She couldn't find a reason as for why Nezu would lie about something so insane like that, so it had to be the truth, right? 

With a shake of her head, Eli began to think of ways to tell the ash blonde. She had to tell them, granted her sperm donor had abandoned her, she didn't really hold any ill-will towards the man, especially since she didn't even know him. 

Plus, Bakugo was her only family, biological family (along with whatever parent she was connected to), and she'd never known who her blood-related family was. 

It was thrilling, scary, almost terrifying honestly. 

Not only that, Bakugo was obviously a very angry boy, so she had to be cautious about how she'd tell him. Of course, she'd tell him the entire story of her being from the past, and that Nezu believed that Bakugo somehow being her aunt was a connection to why she ended up 200+ years in the blonde's classroom of all places. 

Because, despite how crazy it all sounded, the truth made the most sense. 

Next thing you know, it was 4 am and Eli had spent the entire night half-asleep/half-awake thinking about things like how she was getting adopted, a blonde being her nephew, and what in the fuck Nezu wanted to talk about. 

With a sigh, Eli slowly lifted her arm, opening the window next to her bed, the small crack allowing a breeze to flow in and nuzzle her at all sides, her eyes drooping as sunk deeper into her huge comforter, and her wings wrapping around her body like an extra blanket. 

'I should tell the winds to help Hito sleep too,' was her last thought she recalled before she drifted. 

.

.

.

Usually one is kind of tired after getting all of 57 minutes of sleep, but Eli was already up and wide awake. Granted, she could feel her body sagging, but her feathers still twitched as they normally did so maybe she wasn't that tired. 

She sighed a little at that, and a nauseating feeling came over her. 

Everything was normal now, wasn't it? Well, she was adjusting to her new normal now, wasn't she? With twitchy fingers, she sighed before snuggling into her covers a little more. 

Cold weather is easier to fall asleep in, so she figured that was why the house was always so cold, especially considering she now had the privilege of being a part of the family that was half insomniac.