twenty-four

.

.

.

Eli was whooping Bakugo's ass at Dance, Dance Revolution in the middle of the arcade inside the mall as Mezo and Hitoshi laughed at the whole situation behind them.

"C'mon man, you can fight but you can't dance that's pitiful," Eli chided, further angering Bakugo.

Usually, Bakugo didn't care for dancing, but Eli seemed to know just how to provoke him, saying he didn't want to play because he knew he'd lose. He was so angry that he didn't even realize he'd spent a good amount of money just to try to win against Eli.

Eli was exceptionally good at dancing. A semester on the cheer team and another being a TA for the drill team, plus 3 or 4 of Louis's family quinceanera's did her a lot of justice. Not to mention her mom always loved dancing, so music was played around the house frequently, which in turn led to dancing.

Bakugo let out a frustrated sound as he urged his legs to move faster. He was hitting at least some of the beats, but he found it hard to pay attention to that, the actual music playing, and Eli's snide comments.

"YOU WIN!" announced the game.

Eli cheered to herself before she chuckled at seething Bakugo. Mezo had invited she and Hitoshi to hang out and then they found Bakugo roaming around the mall they were hanging out. In truth, he was on his way to the bookstore to pick up the new volume of the romance manga he was reading, and browse some romance novels while he was at it.

Even though he wasn't particularly interested in romance in his own life, he did enjoy reading about it.

Not that he'd admit it because he had an image to keep up.

Mezo wasn't sure how Eli convinced him to hang out with them, but whatever she said worked, even though he was still an angry piece of shit.

"Let's go again, I swear I'll beat you this time," Bakugo said, another coin already in between in fingers and ready to be inserted in order for a new game to start.

"As much as I like taking all your money, I'm good man," Eli said as she stepped off, making eye contact with Hitoshi which made them both laugh.

"What?! No, I have to beat you!" Bakugo urged, waving the coin in his hand wildly, borderline baring his teeth at Eli, the only one who should be baring her teeth.

She huffed, rolling her eyes before shaking her head.

"You hungry man, I'll buy," she offered with a shrug. In all honesty, his little outbursts were becoming a lot more normal to her. So much so, that they hadn't had any more accidents regarding their Quirks.

And this was saying something considering the young blonde boy was around them a lot more than he used to be. 

After bringing up the situation in which Bakugo literally exploded to her bio mother, Himari explained to her that the reason it happened was because of their bloodline. Since the Dark Fae Quirk wasn't just a Quirk and could even be categorized as 'alive', Bakugo's outburst wasn't odd at all.

Even though Bakugo didn't have the same Quirk, the blood they shared still had an effect on him, no matter how diluted it was.

Apparently, being around kin could in fact make your Quirk stronger, with or without intent, and this can be caused by intense emotions. In this particular case of Bakugo and Eli, this mainly relied on her ability to keep her feelings in check because she was the one with the Dark Fae Quirk.

That's why Himari ended up in 1995 in the first place, feeling intense emotions, and being around her cousin. Though unfortunately, just because it's stronger, doesn't mean you can still control it, which was why his explosion went off so suddenly in the classroom and why Himari was stuck so long ago.