eleven

.

.

.

Beside Shouta, Eli watched as the students boarded the bus in front of them, Iida instructing them in a... presidential fashion. 

'This kid is on it, I like him,' Eli thought idly. 

Eli chuckled at that. Along with Midoriya, she wore a PE uniform as well because Shouta said he'd like her to participate in the activities at the USJ. 

A quiet breeze ruffled through her shirt, and she smiled a bit as it felt as if it was nuzzling her. 

"This is so exciting!" they cheered in her ear, making her have to stifle a chuckle so she wouldn't draw too much attention to herself. 

"Here," she heard a monotone voice say, Shouta gesturing for her to get on the bus. She nodded at him, but before she could get on, he pushed something into her hands making her fumble a bit before she looked at the white packaging. 

Her nose caught that warm bread smell too. 

"Ooh, thank you!" Eli said with a wide smile before taking a small bite of the warm croissant with a smile. 

Shouta nodded in pride to himself as she stepped onto the bus. This morning, she didn't finish her toast, so he got worried, rather irrationally to be honest. 

"Can I go sit next to Mezo?" Eli whispered quietly, Shouta peering over at his tall student before he looked at her and nodded. 

With a smile, she thanked him twice before prancing over to Mezo, which was a small surprise to the other students. 

'When did they become friends?' they thought. 

"I really like your costume Mezo, it's cool," she told him with a smile before she bit into her croissant. 

"You know, I'm sure the Developmental Studio wouldn't have a problem with you getting your own, it's probably best so you don't have to keep ripping your shirts," Mezo suggested. 

"You're probably right, you wouldn't believe how much I messed up my fingers last night. I had to sew the edges of all my shirts so that they wouldn't rip completely," Eli said showing him her fingers that had bandages on them. 

Granted Hizashi helped her after dinner, but it didn't change the fact that, that shit hurt. 

Eli adjusted herself briefly, her wings shifting as she got comfortable in her seat. Mezo watched curiously, seeing as her individual feathers would twitch a bit every now and again before he noticed that her fingers did the same thing. 

Her eyes fidgeted, glancing at some of her feathers, her fingers reaching out to pick some lint out before flicking it. 

"Pfft," he said, making Eli look at him with a Quirked eyebrow. 

"What?" she asked. 

"I just... understand how it's so simple for you to use your Quirk, it fits you," he told her. She looked at him curiously before she popped the rest of the croissant into her mouth. 

"How'd you figure?" she asked, watching as he shrugged. Looking at her, he watched as her feathers straightened, as she rubbed her hands on her pants, before a weird gust of wind ruffled through her feathers, blowing some curly strands of hair around her face.  

With a small chuckle, Mezo shrugged. 

"I'm not sure, it just does," he told her. 

Again, Eli quirked an eyebrow before shrugging herself and nodding.