sixteen

.

.

.

When Shouta woke up, he told Eli that she could dress however she liked today, and from here on out. He backed it up by saying she was hurt, and that he brought a sleeping bag to school so it's not like anyone would say anything to her since she wasn't even a student. 

She listened to him, and Shouta chose not to comment on how tired she looked because of the subtle shake of his husbands head he'd seen when he told her this, 

So, after a difficult shower, and somehow an even more difficult time drying her feathers, Eli dressed in a pair of baggy ripped blue jeans, a fitted chocolate brown zip-up jacket, and her sage green converse (she would've worn crocs but she thought that was pushing it). Her hair was difficult to do with her creaky (still healing) hand so Hizashi offered to help her. 

She reluctantly let him and instructed him of how to do it, to which he hummed One Night Only from Dreamgirls while he did so. It was a bit easier since her hair was still wet so he raked the conditioner through her head almost expertly and oiled her scalp along with raked some oils through her hair as well. 

After that he used a clean hair clip from his husband and clipped it up in a curly back bun, the curls sprayed around so messily that it look beautiful.

After that, Hizashi went off to make breakfast. 

For some reason (it was definitely because he overheard Hitoshi and Eli's conversation), Hizashi made waffles, bacon, and eggs, all of which Eli consumed with a goofy grin on her face with a cup of hot chocolate instead of coffee because of course Shouta woke up and made another pot, and drank half. 

On the way to UA, to which Eli didn't really understand why Shouta was going since he was still hurt even though she didn't question it because she was too, Hizashi instructed Eli to sit in the passenger seat and excitedly told her to pick the music. 

This, of course, put her in a state of silent (violently obvious) panic, but with a deep breath and the feeling of the morning breeze on her neck, she took on the task with a determined nod. 

It was quickly discovered that Hizashi was in love with Beyonce, Adele, Bruno Mars, and surprisingly enough Keyshia Cole. 

Eli could only giggle wildly as she watched Hizashi bounce around in his seat excitedly at the music, diligently telling the young girl to send him all the music she was playing along with any others she thought he might like and she could only smile and nod. 

Shouta, comfy in the backseat with Hitoshi watched with a small smile on his face which his son teased him about. 

The real icing on the cake was when they got to UA and walked part of the way to class 1A, Hizashi placed happily kissed the new siblings' foreheads before humming all the way to the teacher's lounge before his first class.

Hitoshi could swear he physically saw Eli contemplate passing out but said nothing of it as he covered his own red cheeks at the affection from his father. 

He'd only been adopted for 4, almost 5 months, so this was all still kind of new to him. 

Now, Eli and Shouta were on their way to the classroom, until Shouta's phone went off, releasing a sigh as he looked at it. Eli could only stare at him curiously. 

"Nezu would like to see you," he told her, and she nodded at him. 

"...Are you alright to go alone?" he asked, and with a quirked eyebrow, she nodded again. 

"Yea, I know my way," she said, but he only sighed. 

"No, I'm asking can you walk without feeling too much pain, I know your ribs aren't healed yet," he said, Eli wearing a small smirk as she crossed her arms as she adjusted the tote bag on her shoulder.