𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑡𝑤𝑜:𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑛𝑒𝑟

CHAPTER TWO:DINNER

'I hate how I'm feeling. I feel alone, unwanted, and forgotten'

Melody couldn't hold in her tears as they drove down the motorway, slowly getting closer to whatever restaurant her father had chosen for them to go to. She could practically smell the disappointment seeping off of the man beside her and for once in her life did she regret ever doing what she wanted.

"You want the aux?" Sebastian spoke causing the girl to turn her head slightly, raising her eyebrows as she sniffled.

"No, no," Melody shook her head, wiping her eyes as she turned towards the window, watching as the other cars drove past.

Upon seeing a little boy in the back of what Mel assumed was his parent's car making funny faces at her, she let a small smile grip her face. A giggle fell from her lips as she made a face back at the boy, sighing once the car was gone from her sight.

Sebastian kept glancing at the girl in the corner of his eye, trying his hardest not to comfort the girl- wanting her to learn that her actions have consequences. But every time he heard her sniffle or hiccup he had to tighten his hands around the steering wheel because he knew he would reach over and stroke her hair out of her face, thumbing away the tears falling down her face.

"We're here." He murmured, pulling up behind Daniel's BMW, his eyes darting to the door of the restaurant where he and Penelope were already walking in.

Melody glanced up at the building, to her it looked like another block of flats. Its bricks were on show as a few bushes were set out in front of the building. A portico hung over the front door, a sign just below is displaying a French name: Le Gavroche.

Rolling her hands down her dress which had been hiding underneath her robes, Melody felt nervous. She hadn't sat around a table with her father and sister for years. But her nerves were pushed to the side when Sebastian climbed out of the car causing Mel to follow after him, meeting him near the front of the car.

He bent his arm, reaching it out for the girl to hold onto. Mel glanced at it before looking up to the man's face, a rigged smile breaking out on her face.

"I'm not wearing heels," The girl pulled her dress up slightly, kicking her foot out to show her high-top converse, "And I'm not my sister."

Sebastian simply nodded, stuffing his hands into his blue blazer pockets, his face scrunching up before the realisation flashed across his face. He reached one hand out, clasping the girl's arm as she began to walk slowly ahead of him.

"Wait-" He spoke causing the girl to stop, turning to him with a small frown, "I got you something."

Melody instantly began to shake her head, holding her hands up causing the man's to fall off her arm, "No-no, I don't deserve it."

Sebastian simply glared at the girl, tugging her hand out and placing the small white box into it, the pink ribbon wrapped around it tickling the girl's hand ever so slightly.

Hesitantly, Melody tugged at the ribbon, it falling out with ease in her hand before she tugged the top of the box off. Her eyes widened at the rose-gold plated pendant. Lifting the chain up, a small rose dangled off of the end of it, the pendant being what she suspected as white gold.

"It's beautiful." She whispered, swallowing down a choked sob as she lifted her head to look up at the man, "It's perfect"

Sebastian smiled warmly, reaching his hands out for it. Mel gave it to the man before turning, pulling her hair to the side of her neck, allowing him to wrap the chain around her neck. His fingers skimmed the back of her shoulder as he pushed her hair more to the side causing a small shiver to fall down the girl's arms.