𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑒:𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑎𝑠𝑠𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE : EMBARRASSMENT

'Curtain! Fast music! Lights! Ready for the last finale! Great! The show looks good, the show looks good!'

Sebastian could feel the sadness practically rolling off of the woman beside him as they stood outside the familiar cafe. Just in the window was Daniel and Penelope laughing over something, his arm thrown over his daughter as they conversed.

He glared at the paparazzi as they turned the cameras on them, his hand lightly pushing against the small of the woman's back, coaxing her into walking into the cafe. Originally, Sebastian thought they'd do this somewhere more private- due to things going tits up, he assumed he'd get a few punches thrown at him.

"Come on." He whispered as he walked forwards, making the girl was either next to him or in front of him as they got to the door, the man pulling it open for Melody.

She gave him a light smile before entering, making her way to the counter, being welcomed by a calm Damian. He gave a soft smile as he nodded at her in greeting, tapping on the screen before looking to the man next to her.

"Hey, Sebastian. Haven't seen you in a long time, man." Damian spoke, holding his hand out to greet the older man. Seb gave a small chuckle, greeting the boy back as he grabbed his hand, giving it a firm shake.

"Damian, missed you and your moms." Giving a cheeky smirk, Sebastian lowered his hand back to the girl's back, "I'll just get a coffee. Black."

After paying for their drinks, the two made their way over to the booth where the Flores' were situated, greeting with small smiles and an awkward silence. Melody didn't lift her gaze from the table until her drink was sat down in front of her, giving Damian a 'thank you' before grabbing the iced mocha, taking a few gulps.

Daniel cleared his throat causing the woman to gently place the plastic cup down, turning her eyes onto him and her sister.

"You okay?" She asked Penelope in a small murmur, eyeing the small cut on her lip. Her sister just nodded, a tight smile settling onto her face as she shifted in her seat, glancing to their father. Melody kept back her sigh as she also looked to her dad who was spooning sugar into his tea, stirring the mug before tapping the spoon on the side of it.

The woman's knee bounced up and down as she waited for the man to be done with sorting out his drink so they could speak. But as he continued to taste and adjust his drink, Melody found herself becoming more and more irritated. Her hands dropped to her legs so she could grip her thigh from the anger she felt flowing through her, hoping that her dad would at least get to whatever he wanted to say.

"So." He started, lifting his hands away from the cup, resting his elbows on the table so he could rub at his face easier, "What happened?"

"What do you mean what happened?" Melody questioned, nails digging into her jogger covered thigh. Her eyes darted to the man next to her as he gently laid his hand onto hers, his fingers slightly cupping her palm to stop her digging her nails any farther.

Daniel looked to his daughter, sighing out as he put his head in his hands. As if this was the hardest conversation he was ever going to have in his life. Melody allowed her fingers to curl back against Sebastian's, squeezing gently as she noticed her sister unable to meet her eye.

"Let me get straight to the point." Daniel huffed out, focusing on the woman as he sat up straighter, "I've got a few bags of yours with me right now because I don't want you in my home anymore."

Melody paled at his words. Despite feeling like shit most of the time being in that house, that was still her home. Where she grew up and shared memories with people she loved.