𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑣𝑒:𝑡𝑜𝑛𝑦𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑘𝑠𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑦

CHAPTER TWELVE : TONY STARKS PARTY

'You don't grow when you're comfortable'

"Drugs?" Melody let out a laugh, swatting her hand in the air as she spoke, "You do drugs?!"

"Did. Do. Eh, sometimes." Downey replied, shrugging his shoulders as he relaxed into the seat behind him, the baggy in his hand making the girls eyes widen, "Bad. Never do them."

Mel couldn't hold her snort back, almost choking on the whiskey swishing around in her mouth. A hand landed on her back, once. Twice. She wiped the tears from her eyes, catching her breath as she made eye contact with the man. But she didn't see what she expected to see.

There wasn't an ounce of disappointment swirling in his brown irises.

"Your dad know?" He asked as he tapped the white powder onto his hand before turning to face the wall, snorting it. Mel watched as he did so, her hand twitching as she cleared her throat.

"He thinks I only smoke pot and drink." She answered, eyes darting to people on the dance floor before she sipped the drink in her hand. In the corner of her eye, she watched as Downey wiped his nose free of the residue of the white powder before inching his hand underneath the table.

The baggy tickled her leg making the girl look down, noting the small amount of cocaine left in it.

"But you do way more than just smoke pot, don't you?" He murmured, flicking the baggy in his fingers, the edge tickling her thigh. Melody grabbed the man's hand, wrapping his fingers around the baggy before wrapping her own hand around his.

"You need to get some help, Robby." She spoke to him, giving a small smile to the man when he cringed at the nickname. He tugged his hand to himself, shoving the baggy in his pocket as he looked out to the crowd.

"We both do, Melly, we both do."

Melody watched the man get up from the table, giving a small wave before making his way towards the bar, greeting people on his way. She frowned as she looked down at her shaking hand. She could've taken the baggy. She should've.

Downing the rest of her drink, Mel stood from her seat, allowing her thin body to slip between people to get to the other side of the bar.

Her body pressed against the woman's toilets door, a little breath slipping from her lips as she stumbled inside. There were two brunettes, laughing with each other as they topped up their make-up in the mirror.

Another girl's voice was heard from one of the toilets and for a second, Melody felt herself smile. This was one of her favourite places at any bar- the girl's toilets.

"Hey, are you alright?" Mel looked up to see both brunettes looking at her, sympathy sporting their faces. She hummed her response, giving a smile to them as she made her way over to them, stumbling ever so slightly.

The girl closest to her reached for her, hands clasping her arm to steady her before she helped the blonde towards the sinks, leaning her against it. Mel furrowed her eyebrows, reaching her hands to her face at the feeling of tears streaming down her cheeks.

"What's wrong, babes?" The girl who was holding her asked, her voice soft as she rubbed Mel's back with her hand.

"I-i don't know?" Mel murmured, glancing at her hands, noticing how shaky they were. It gave her some idea as to why she was crying, "I think I'm having withdraws."

The silence in the bathroom was apparent after she had muttered her words, and for a second Melody hoped she was having hallucinations and she was actually on her own. She wished she had just accepted Downey's offer, even if it was the weirdest interaction she has had in the past few months.