𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒:𝑎𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒𝑛𝑜𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE : A FEELING LIKE NO OTHER

'It's an unexplainable feeling, an expression. It's a touch, it's a feel. Once you feel it, it's like no other feeling in the world.'

Melody took the man's hand as he opened the door for her, smiling lightly at him as she slipped from the car, her gaze landing on the restaurant the car had pulled up next to.

"Why are we here?" The woman asked as she shut the door behind her, lacing her arm through the man's, trying not to stumble with the heels laced on her feet.

"Well, I just thought we could go out for once. Ya' know? Have a bot of fun." Sebastian bumped his shoulder with the woman's, a cheeky smile falling onto his face making the girl shake her head, chuckling slightly.

Making their way into the restaurant, Melody glanced around, noticing the numerous smiling faces and families sitting together. And despite the aching feeling beginning to brew in her stomach, she followed behind Sebastian with a permanent smile etched onto her face.

The man pulled the chair out for her, letting his hand fall to the small of her back before helping tuck her into the table. Melody flushed a dark shade of red, clearing her throat when Sebastian sat down in front of her. She felt human.

Picking up the placed down menu in front of her, Melody brushed over the words. After a moment, both of the adults put their menus down, catching eyes almost immediately. Melody smiled at the man, feeling as though she was being treated for something that she had done. But what had she? She'd barely been sober.

"What are you thinking of getting?" Sebastian spoke making the girl avert her eyes back onto him, watching his calm features as he glanced over her face.

"I don't know." She answered, toying with the edge of the menu as she swallowed the lump forming in her throat. Sebastian's sudden movements made the girl once again change her gaze back to the man as he stood from his seat.

Her eyes widened as the man cleared his throat, holding his hand out for her. She glanced around to the other tables, noticing the multiple curious eyes darting at the couple. Slowly, she raised up from her seat, letting her hand slip into the man's with a curious look lining her face.

"Is everything alright?" The woman who had escorted them previously had come back over. Melody watched as Sebastian smiled at the woman, nodding.

"Just not our kind of thing." He spoke, receiving a nod before the two were walking back out of the restaurant. Melody held back a smile as the man opened the car door for her, climbing in and settling down before the man was jogging around the car and getting in himself.

Once he started the car, Mel turned her head to look at him, a glint falling in her eyes.

"What?" Sebastian questioned as he glanced over to the woman, a gentle smile lining his lips as he watched her gaze at him. The woman shook her head, turning in her seat so she faced the windshield, watching as they passed the numerous cars on the road. But his stare was constantly falling back onto her.

Melody noted the turns they took in the car journey, trying to decipher where they were going until the familiar road they had turned on caught her attention. She raised her eyebrows, turning her gaze onto the man next to her as he pulled up next to the apartment building.