𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛:𝑚𝑎𝑔𝑖𝑐𝑡𝑜𝑢𝑐ℎ

CHAPTER NINETEEN : MAGIC TOUCH

'There's always that one stupid mistake that changes everything'

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Was that her dad?

Melody felt herself slump to the floor, clearly too unstable for Marley to keep her up as she slipped from her arms and tumbled to the floor. She let out a small groan as she was tugged up harshly from the floor, hands wrapping around her legs and shoulders to be carried into the house.

"Is that Mel?" Penelope questioned as she watched her father carry in her sister, not sure as to why she asked it when she clearly saw who it was. Tears nipped at her eyes as she watched her dad put her sister onto the couch in the living room, shaking his head as he kneeled beside her.

He gently pushed her hair out of her eyes, clenching his jaw as he looked into her glazed over eyes.

"Is this out of spite?!" He spoke, glaring into her eyes as she looked around his face, "Because of your mother?!"

Melody groaned out, trying to get her words out but nothing slipped past her lips other than pants of breath and slurred noises.

"Mum? What about mum?" Penelope spoke, stepping past Marley who had her arms crossed, leaning against the door frame, tears falling freely from her face.

"HUH?! I FUCKING TOLD YOU TO NOT SEE THAT GIRL AGAIN! AND YOU JUST FUCK OFF WITH-"

"Daniel-"

"NO! Fuck you, Sebastian." The man growled as he stood up from his crouched position, turning to his friend with a scowl painted on his face, "You fucking let Rose back into her fucking life. That's on you."

Sebastian was leant against the opposite side of the door frame, thumb against his lip as he bit down on his nail, trying to keep his anger at bay.

"You don't have to yell at her, she's-"

"She's ruining her fucking life! She's ruining all of our lives by taking these damn drugs!" The man yelled, turning his anger on his friend. He pointed at the girl just next to him, "Look what she's doing to her best fucking friend! It's fucked up."

"It wasn't her fault." Silence came after Marley spoke. An awkward, painful silence where the only noises heard were the sniffling of Penelope and the constant slurring of the girl laying on the couch.

Daniel slowly turned his attention on the girl who had spoken, watching as she stepped forward slowly, moving to her best friend to caress her head. She placed a kiss on her forehead before hiking the dress up on her thigh slightly showing the pierced skin, a rip leading down near her knee.

"Dylan- L-lily's friend called me," she began, wiping away the dried blood on the blonde's leg, "He said that Mel took a few pills before but-but she didn't want to do heroin. He was looking out for her the whole night, making sure she was okay."

Marley stopped, biting her lip as she looked up at the man next to her, shaking her head at him.

"She didn't want to do heroin. That was Lily. Lily stuck her with a needle and gave her heroin." As brutal as the words were, they were the truth.

Marley watched as horror dawned upon Daniel's face, his hand rubbing up and down his face as he looked down at his daughter. His daughter that he had never understood. The one who constantly locked herself in her room instead of eating dinner with him and Penelope. The daughter who barely conversed with his friends while he was there. The one who partied and wanted to be normal. Not famous, or known for her last name. She just wanted to be Melody and maybe that's what made him treat her differently.