𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟:𝑐𝑜𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑒𝑠

CHAPTER FOUR : COFFEE AND PARTIES

'One person caring about another represents life's greatest value.'

Melody was glad Sebastian had to go away to film. Albeit only being three days. She hadn't even attempted to speak with the man since the situation happened, too embarrassed to even look at him when he had come over with Chris the next day.

But a week had past and she was already bored of staying cooped up in her bedroom.

Tugging a coat around her thin body, Melody glanced over herself in the mirror. A frown settled on her face as she tugged the coat closed, reaching for her phone as she made her way out of her room.

Skipping down the stairs, she could already hear the boisterous laughs escaping the backyard and floating through the kitchen towards her. Gritting her teeth, Mel opened her front door, showing one finger to Marley who was sitting in her car, indicating she would only take a minute before coming back out.

Not fully shutting the door, Melody turned to her kitchen, rushing through it to the back patio doors which were spread open wide.

Penelope was sunbathing on her towel next to the pool, her phone propped up next to her head playing a tune that didn't reach the girl's ears. Just behind her, at the table sat her dad, Chris Evans, Sebastian and Anthony, all holding playing cards in their hands whilst chuckling between each other.

Walking forwards, Melody allowed her gaze to stay focused on wherever she stepped because she knew if she looked up, she'd only feel guilt.

"Hey, MellyMoo." Chris spoke causing the girls head to shoot up, her eyes squinting ever so slightly at the use of her very very old nickname.

"Hello, Chris," she gave a soft nod before turning her attention towards her father who was already looking up at her, his sunglasses sitting snug upon his nose, "Marley is outside, could I go out for a bit?"

Dan fisted his cards in his hands, his head tilting to look at the cards before he threw them on the table, "Bust."

Looking back up to his daughter, Dan gave a short nod, his hand tugging his beer to his mouth where he took a long, overdramatic sip.

"Just don't make a mess of yourself again, not like London, okay?"

Melody flushed at his words, her hands wringing out in front of her as she bit her tongue, begging herself not to let her eyes well up. How could he do that in front of his friends?!

"It's Marls dad, she's fine." Melody huffed out before turning away from him, ignoring the prickling feeling she felt from the stares she was receiving, "I'll be back by twelve."

"Ten." Melody forced herself to continue walking, giving a small nod back to her father before making it back to the patio doors.

Practically running to the front door, Melody allowed herself to calm down, a small smile settling on her face when she made her way to Marley's car.

"Hey, bitch." Marley spoke as the girl climbed into her car, her hands tugging the girl by her shoulders into an embrace.

"Hi, Marls." Melody chuckled, squeezing her arms around the girl, sighing as she shut her eyes for a few seconds before pulling back from her, "How have you been?"

Marley sighed, starting the car. She began to pull away from the driveway when Anthony's running figure stopped her, "I've got so much tea."

Chuckling, Melody rolled down the window, giving a raised eyebrow towards the man who huffed out his breaths, bending down with his hands on his knees.