𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒:𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑎𝑑𝑣𝑖𝑐𝑒

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE : PARENTAL ADVICE

'And then you wonder maybe it's time to just give up'

"You two are fucking." Anthony stated as if it was normal knowledge. Like it was the easiest thing to say out of everything he could've. And the fact that neither of the two sat in front of him said anything for about half a minute after he spoke made it evidently clear what the answer was.

Mouth wide open, Melody tried spurting something- anything out but nothing was falling from her lips. Sebastian's hand that had been leant against her thigh pulled away from her skin and moved to scratch his ever-growing beard. The silence was more thick than ever.

"What?" Melody finally got out, the harshness littering her voice making both men wince. She glanced up to the man opposite her once more, furrowing her eyebrows as she watched him sigh, sitting back in his seat.

"I've had.. speculations? For a hot minute about you two. And your story didn't match up at the party when you said she hurt herself. She was fine when she came back." Anthony rubbed his face for a moment, letting out a huff as he glanced between the couple in front of him. "Isn't it weird? You watched her grow up, Sebastian. We both did."

The man beside Melody let out a large breath, taking his drink in his hand, gulping down the remainder- which was vertically the whole drink before even attempting to speak. And when he did, he stuttered to no end.

Anthony threw his arms out, motioning between them as the two went silent once more.

"This is what I mean! Even speaking about it gets you awkward, man! This-" gesturing between the two of them once more, eyes almost popping out of his head at the motion, "This isn't right."

This isn't right.

Melody looked down at her lap letting out a breathy laugh as she shook her head. Of course. Of fucking course as soon as she was feeling the littlest bit better after the shit storm she went through, something had to rain on her. It was as if the world was feeling her life to be a sad one. A sad, lonely life where she'd do drugs until she died at a ripe age.

That's what it seemed like to her.

"I'm done with this conversation." Melody spoke, standing up in the small booth while grabbing her drink.

"Melody." Anthony's voice turned stern making her raise her eyebrows at him as she looked at him. He nodded down to the chair making her huff out before finding herself back in her seat. She couldn't get past Sebastian if he didn't move anyways and it seemed as though he was too shocked to move.

Her leg began to bounce as she raised her thumb to her mouth, gnawing the nail as she glanced out the window next to her. Not twenty minutes ago was she grinning ear to ear because of the man beside her.

"I'm saying this out of the goodness of my heart-"

"We'll fuck you. And fuck your goodness." Melody swore, sneering her words as she pointed a finger out at the man opposite her, surprising both men with her words. Never would she spout anything like that to Anthony in her life. The man was too precious. Too nice to her to make the woman get even remotely mad.

"Melo-"

"No. You're not my fucking dad. Or my mum. You're barely a fucking family friend. You can't tell me what to do with my life." She grew angrier and angrier as she spoke to the man, turning her head to motion to Sebastian, getting him to slip out of the booth before she was sliding out herself, not glancing back at the man she once called her best friend as she made her way outside.