𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑛:𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑦𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠

CHAPTER TEN : DREARY MORNINGS

'The key to being happy is knowing you have the power to choose what to accept and what to let go'

Melody groaned as she rolled over in her bed, hiding underneath her duvet as footsteps sounded near her room once more. Five days this had been happening.

Every morning, the girl was woken up at seven in the morning by a psycho man who was wide awake, two water bottles in his hands. She was then thieved of her warm cover and her curtains were ripped open causing the bright sunshine to glare into her closed eyes until she couldn't go back to sleep.

The man would then force her up and into her bathroom, throwing her clothes before he'd sit on her bed, waiting for her to finish before they went on a run together.

Her bedroom door was shoved open- so much so, that her door bounced off of the white wall beside it, almost bouncing back shut causing the girl to jump to a sitting position.

"Fuck, shit." Sebastian muttered, kicking his leg out in front of him to stop the door from whacking him. His hands were full with plates, each one having a breakfast food on it causing the girl to furrow her eyebrows.

"No training today?" She questioned, her tired eyes barely staying open as her head lulled to the side. Sebastian snapped his head up, a cheeky grin plastered on his face as he shook his head.

Nodding down at the food in his hands, he slowly made his way into the girl's room- careful not to spill anything as he did so, "Not when it's awful weather."

Melody turned her head slightly, to gaze at her curtain covered windows, the action causing Sebastian to let out a small chuckle before continuing, "And anyway, weekends are for the boys!"

"It's Thursday." The girl deadpanned as she gathered her duvet into her hands before she thrusted them onto the floor, leaving her legs bare except from the cut-down leggings she had on. She patted the black sheets, beckoning for the man to join her with the food.

Sebastian did as told, laying both plates from his hands onto the bed before grabbing the one balancing on his arm- putting that with the other plates. Holding his hands up, he caught the girls attention.

"Wait! I have drinks!"

Melody groaned in response, laying her head back against her headboard as the man ran out of the room, his footsteps padding down the stairs until they weren't heard again.

The girl took her time to gaze over the food in front of her, noting the man had tried to cook her favourite food- pancakes. The one on top had a poorly drawn smile with what Melody assumed was chocolate sauce causing a small giggle to slip past her lips.

"I'm back!" Sebastian stated, out of breath with two mugs in his hands, "With a mocha for one."

The man bowed to one knee, holding out the drink to the girl who chuckled, taking the drink from his hands with a bow of her head.

"Thank you, kind sir." She murmured, humming as her eyes closed, the cup slipping past her lips so the drink would slither down her throat. When she opened her eyes, she gave a confirmed nod, showing the man had made it just right.

Leaning over to her bedside table, Melody put her drink down before turning back to the food and the man that perched on her desk chair, rolling over to her bedside.

"So, what's the purpose?" She questioned, taking one of the pieces of cut-up fruit, slipping it into her mouth as she watched the man sip his own drink.

He let a sigh slip from his lips as he stood from the chair, ignoring the question blatantly as he tore her curtains open, showing the rain pattering down onto the window.