𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒:𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑙𝑏𝑜𝑟𝑜

CHAPTER FIVE : MARLBORO

'Some people are just beautifully wrapped boxes of shit.'

Music had been blaring for what seemed like forever. Melody had already had enough of the party, having not been there for at least half an hour. An American party with 'professional actors' wasn't as fun as the ones Melody had gone to in England.

She, however, did not want to upset Marley, so she sucked it up and continued to re-fill her cup with a rum that had been supplied by whoever had put it there. The vodka and wkd bottles were empty and laid on the table in the kitchen- being taken from the two girls after their first drink.

Marley was chatting away with one of her friends from work leaving Melody to lounge about on the couch in the corner of the room. She hadn't expected a party to feel like this.

Maybe it was because she had nothing good in her system.

Shaking her head, Melody stood, cup in hand and began to brush past people, apologising if they turned to look at her. She soon made it past the kitchen and into the back garden- which was equally as full as the crowded house.

Sighing, she tugged the packet of cigarettes out of her bra, flipping the top open and pulling a cigarette out of the packet. She delicately placed it at the corner of her lips before she fished about in her pockets, groaning upon realising she hadn't brought a lighter.

"Fuck.." she whispered, pushing the packet of cigarettes back into her bra, making sure they were pressed against her phone so they wouldn't fall before she turned her head to search for someone seemingly nice enough to approach.

Just her luck, the first person Melody had made eye contact with was a blonde, very tall, very handsome actor. One that just so happened to be her ex.

She and Thomas hadn't ended on bad terms. No, rather good terms actually. She had visited him in England during her time at uni and they had fallen into a summer of parties and sex. They soon realised the extent of their feelings for each other but were both too irresponsible and ended up in a relationship that moved too fast.

Just three months in, Thomas had proposed to her. Nothing had been put on social media about the two even knowing each other, not even Melody's family knew of her seeing someone let alone her getting engaged.

However, that night had turned out the night they had realised things were happening too fast. They shared a line of coke together before splitting up. But of course, before the girl went, she had pressed her lips against the man's. She pulled away rather quickly, apologising but Thomas couldn't help but divulge into the feeling of wanting her body again.

They had fucked once more before agreeing to never see each other again and if they did, they'd strictly keep it friendly. Melody hated walking back to her dorm the day after- always hating what people would call 'the walk of shame'. Because it was exactly that.

"Hello, Melody." Thomas had spoken causing the girl to snap her head up, noticing how he had left his conversation and was now standing mere metres in front of her.

"Hi." She almost whispered back, her eyes searching the man over once. He was dressed in a suit but was dishevelled causing the girl to wonder what he had taken.

The man peeled a lighter from his coat pocket, nodding to her cigarette to which she smiled back at, pouring her lips so the cigarette poked out more for him. Thomas flicked the lighter, the spark flashing a few times before the flame appeared causing him to move it towards the cigarette.

Humming in thanks, Melody pulled away after the embers burnt the end of the cigarette, her eyes staying focused on the man's face. She raised two fingers to the stick, pulling it from her mouth as she exhaled the smoke before she placed it in between her lips again, letting it dangle ever so slightly. Just how he liked it.