𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦:ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑠

CHAPTER TWENTY : HEADLINES

'I think a lot. I notice everything but never say a word.'

Penelope had been charged with aggravated assault. Really it was GBH however, Dan wouldn't allow the press to acknowledge it. That was until Delilah had shown her face and paparazzi were taking her words in like they were starving children getting their first meal for the day.

Melody was impressed as her best friend showed her the news on her family and their problems at that moment in time. She hadn't been sober for five minutes before she had been told about what had happened. She hadn't been sober for more than ten minutes before both Marley and Sebastian were sat on the couch with her, expecting her to explain what happened.

She didn't want to. Too embarrassed to admit she was in the wrong.

"Why did you choose her?" Marry questioned after they sat in an awkward silence for a few minutes. Mel sighed, rubbing her forehead as she looked to her bare feet.

"It was in the heat of the moment." Mel murmured, flinching when the girl had scoffed, crossing her arms to her chest.

"Bullshit."

"What do you want me to say Mar? Huh?! That when I'm with you I'm always happy?! Always fucking content with helping you learn your lines then leaving straight after?" Melody swore she felt her eyes bulge out of her head when she watched Marley roll her eyes at her words. Instead of continuing, she slumped back into her seat, head bent back against the back of the couch.

"She just always focused on me okay? I felt like I was listened to when I was around her." She whispered, squeezing her eyes shut as she let out a shaky breath.

"What happened last night?" Sebastian spoke as the girl opened her eyes once more, looking up at the ceiling as her hand absentmindedly traced her jogger covered thigh. She could still remember the high she felt, it was so different from anything she had felt before.

"I took some molly." She spoke, shaking her head as she reminisced the night, "Jumped in a pool, then Lily asked if I wanted to do heroin. I told her I didn't and she seemed kinda pissed off. We went back to a group me and Dylan met and she was sitting in front of me. She gave me heroin."

"She fucking stuck the needle into my thigh and gave me heroin. It felt so weird. I couldn't feel anything. It was like I was invincible to the world but it scared me."

Silence. That's all she got from spewing the truth. Absolute fucking silence. No guidance on what to do. No comfort in any words. Just the quiet.

"Would you do it again?" Sebastian mumbled after a moment making the girl glance up at him. She looked to the woman in the corner of her eye staring at her, both of them waiting for an answer from her.

She couldn't answer. Because if she did, she knew that the other two wouldn't like her answer. But it seemed as though they had caught on.

Marley let out a scoff, standing abruptly from the couch, Melody bowing her head so she didn't have to look at her best friend.

"This is why everything goes wrong! Don't you see, she was going to fuck you up from the start!" The woman huffed out, hands swinging as if they added to her anger, "That's what they all do, addicts just pull you in and fuck you u-"

"Is that what I'm going to do to you?" Melody muttered back, looking up from her spot on the couch, head leaning to the side slightly as she gave a sarcastic laugh, "Am I going to fuck you up, Marley? Hmm? Maybe give you some pills? Let you snort some powder? When the fuck have I ever offered you shit in the last five years, huh?!"