𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛:𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚𝑒𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑜𝑓𝑖𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑦𝑜𝑢

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN : THE MEANING OF I LOVE YOU

'Love does not mean you will always agree, see eye to eye, or never have an argument. It means despite the bad days you still can't see yourself without that person.'

Melody held the woman's hand as she walked out of the hospital, cameras flashing at the four people who exited the building. It was merely twelve hours after she awoke that she was able to leave the suffocating feeling of the hospital. She was referred to a rehab centre and a counsellor which she was to acquire for with her doctor. She knew she wouldn't go through with it. No, if she wanted a counsellor, she'd use the money she had to get it sooner than what the fucking doctors could.

"Please. Move." Marley spoke, holding her free hand up in front of her to stop the paparazzi from getting any closer to them. Some scattered away from being in front of the woman whereas a few camera's remained facing her, trying to capture any pictures of the small group walking out of the hospital.

"She asked you to move, buddy." Anthony stepped forward, putting his arm out in front of the brunette while raising his other to hide the lens of the camera. With him stepping forwards, the last remaining people in the way stepped to the sides, their camera's still pointing to the group but much less in their way.

Feeling a hand on the small of her back, Melody began to follow behind the woman in front of her as she made her way through the parking lot of the hospital, coming up to the only two cars she was familiar with.

"I'll drive you back to yours, Sebastian." Marley spoke, glancing over her shoulder to nod at the man before she made her way around to the front of the car, climbing into the driver's side.

Melody felt awkward and cold. Her arms gently wrapped around her jumper covered waist, wanting nothing more than to climb into bed and sleep forever. She followed behind the man, climbing into the back seats of the car, careful with her gaze as Sebastian shut her door for her.

It was quiet in the car, neither girl speaking as the two men discussed something before both of them turned away from each other, Anthony getting into his own car whereas Sebastian got into the passenger side of Marley's car.

It stayed silent even as they pulled off and cameras flashed at the car. Even driving back to Sebastian's, nothing but the running motor was making a sound. Nervousness is the understatement of what Melody was feeling as they got closer to the man's penthouse.

As we pulled up next to the building, Marley cut the engine off making the girl eye the two in the front as she realised this wasn't just her dropping them off.

"Come on." Marley spoke out to no one in particular, opening her door before climbing out of the car. Melody followed her movements, turning her body to the door, and opening it before slipping out onto the pavement.

The awkwardness did not flow away from the trio as they moved inside of the building, going up to the penthouse where the darkness from the shut curtains marched the feelings radiating off from every single person.

"Do you two want anything to drink?" Sebastian spoke as he flipped the light on, kicking his shoes off by the door. The softness of his voice once again made the girl frown in disappointment. She wanted him to be mad. She wanted both of them to be mad at her.

Instead, Marley asked for a cup of tea while she walked to the curtains, tugging them open before looking back at her friend in expectancy. Slowly, Melody dragged her feet against the floor, slipping off her shoes before she got to the carpeted floor.

She perched on the couch next to the brunette woman, glancing over at her for a moment before focusing on the shut-off tv, staring at her distorted reflection. Sebastian's small wince could be heard as he steadied the mugs in his hands, placing them gently onto the coffee table before he was settling onto the second couch.