𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟:𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑒

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR : PLEASURE

'There are two things in life that motivate you, the fear of pain and the desire for pleasure.'

Melody wouldn't lie to herself anymore. She wanted to take drugs at this after-party. Had she brought anything with her? No. But that wouldn't stop her from approaching Robert. His arm was around his wife but his sight was on her as she slowly inches over the bat towards him.

He noticed the twitch of her hand as she reached for the vodka that sat on the bar. Robert excused himself from his wife, placing a sweet kiss on the corner of her lips before he strode over to the young woman.

"You okay?" Lifting her head, Melody smiled at the man, giving a small nod as she poured herself a drink, the alcohol not making her feel any sort of drunk.

"Yeh." She whispered, taking a sip of her drink, eyeing him. He was still well dressed despite the tie being undone and the top two buttons of his dress top being undone.

"Do you have anything?" She questioned quickly, darting her eyes away from the man. He took a second to realise what she was asking before clearing his throat, and reaching into his inside pocket.

"A few pre-rolled joints. I can give you one?" His eyes darted around the room before he wrapped his arm around the woman's shoulder pulling her closer to him as he slipped the joint into the top of her dress, her coat having been discarded as soon as she got back.

"Thanks, Downey." She whispered, pressing her lips to his cheek before she slid away from the bar, grabbing her drink as she did.

Her eyes darted around, catching a few of the partiers but she didn't bother to greet any of them with a smile or nod. Instead, she made her way to the balcony connected to the main room. The penthouse they were in was owned by Anthony but because he was such a money-loving man, he didn't actually live there.

He had his own house and claimed this one as his getaway if he needed it. Melody thought it was unnecessary but didn't complain as she slipped outside.

There was a small swing like chair at the end of the balcony, cut off from the windows that were covered by the curtains that were drawn on the inside. There were also a few bean bags darted around but Melody made her way to the swing like seat.

Slipping her hand into her knee-high boots, she grabbed the lighter she had stuffed there earlier, sparking it as she sat down. She took a few drags before letting her feet push against the floor, swinging the seat lightly.

"Mel?" The woman let her gaze fall to the man who had opened the door and stepped out, letting the joint rest between her lips.

"Hi, Seb." She whispered through the joint resting between her lips. Her nimble fingers reached to pull the joint gently from her mouth, letting the smoke spill out slightly. She didn't seem to care what the man thought of her as he slowly made his way to her, pushing the swing gently as he sat down onto it next to her.

He watched as she took another drag of the smoke, her head bending slightly so she could gaze at the stars over the balcony on his other side.

"Could I-" He stopped himself for a moment, clearing his throat and taking a small sip of his drink before he continued, "Could I get a few hits of that?"

Melody always hated the thought of her causing someone's addiction. She despised the thought of someone becoming like her because of her. And as she had said last time, she wouldn't be playing into Sebastian's wants again.

"No." She whispered, taking yet another drag although this time she moved her gaze to the man next to her. She dragged her left leg over his lap, gently pushing his lap open with her heeled foot.