𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛:𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑙𝑒𝑦𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑖𝑙𝑦

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN : MARLEY OR LILY

'Every choice comes with a consequence. Once you make a choice, you must accept responsibility. You cannot escape the consequences of your choices, whether you like them or not.'

"Even though it was a shit show," The woman mumbled as she shovelled the spoonful of cereal into her mouth, "I had fun."

Melody and Sebastian had spent the last few weeks in Atlanta sightseeing really. Neither had acted any further from the night they had shared together. After the intimate kiss, they had shared while the woman was in the bath, they had settled on the couch in the hotel- watching whatever shitty movie was on while they teased each other.

Your foreheads big.

Your nose is big.

Girls usually like big noses.

Eventually, reality came crashing down and paparazzi had leaked pictures of Rosalind with her daughter- the shocked and angered faces of the actors, the cigarette drooping from her lips. That was what made them mainly go back to their normal life's.

But they hadn't been intimate- not even close since that night. And maybe that was a good thing. Was it?

"Yeh, well, at least we got to get out of this godforsaken place." The cheeky smirk painted on the man's face made the girl chuckle, bowing her head.

She ate another spoonful before there were a few knocks on the door. The chomps from eating the food stopped and the pair looked at each other, trying to figure out who was going to get it. In the end, the puppy dog eyes were what made Sebastian place his bowl down before he strode towards the door, the knocking happening once more.

"Where is she?! Is she okay?!" At the sound of the voice, Melody choked on the next spoonful of cereal, almost dropping her bowl as she placed it on the counter before rushing towards the front of the house.

"Marley?! What are you doing here?!" Melody spoke, eyes widening as she brushed past Sebastian who stood at the door, confusion riding his face. The dark-haired girl let out a sigh as she saw her best friend perfectly fine.

But that didn't stop her from embracing her. Melody stiffened slightly, patting Marley's back as she was squeezed around her waist.

"I heard about your mom. It's everywhere right now." Melody hummed in response, giving a small nod as she pulled her body back from the girl. Her eyes darted behind her best friend and onto the drive, hoping to god Lily wouldn't show up.

She had planned for them to go to a party being held later that night and from what Marley has been told about the girl from her uni, Melody knew they would not like each other. Focusing back on the girl in front of her, the blonde sent a small shrug.

"Nothing really happened, she just turned up trying to play happy families." Remembering the man stood by the door, Melody turned her head, grinning cheekily as he awkwardly tapped his fingers against the door.

"What did your dad do?" Marley asked as she nudged past the girl and walked into the house, knowing she'd trail behind her.

"Oh fuck, I'm going to get an earful." Sebastian muttered as Mel walked past him making her chuckle, shaking her head.

The three of them made their way through the kitchen where Mel grabbed her bowl of cereal before they were led out to the back garden. Marley made it obvious she wasn't going to leave without a proper answer as she situated herself on one of the decking chairs, crossing her arms.