: ̗̀➛ 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

'IMAGINATION'

'IMAGINATION'

➳➳➳➳➳┄┄※┄┄➳➳➳➳➳

➳➳➳➳➳┄┄※┄┄➳➳➳➳➳

After staying in Sasha's room for a while, [Y/N] decided to leave her room since her head had reminded her about something that had occurred during the expedition.

"Alright, see you later!" Sasha smiled, nodding to the female who waved at her before setting a foot outside her room. The [H/C] haired female stopped walking once she stood in the middle of the vacant hallway.

Sighing out, she shifted her weight to her left leg, resting her hand on her left hip. "Now where can I find him?" [Y/N] asked herself, glancing at both ends of the hallway she was in.

"Dorm? I don't know where it's located though.." The female rubbed her temple as she grunted lowly. 'It's best I look around and stop talking to myself—people will think I'm weird..' She thought, making her way down the hallway.

While strolling through the hallways, [Y/N] began to hum her mother's lullaby, which was known around as her signature song by her comrades.

It was a habit of hers to hum her mother's song, she couldn't control it. It mostly happens when she's by herself, but sometimes when she drowns herself in concentration, she hums it uncontrollably.

The girls she shared her room with during their training period didn't mind her singing, actually, they relished it since they felt relaxed and eased. That's why they never interrupted her.

"[Y/N]?" A masculine voice snapped the female out of her thoughts, causing her to stop walking further and then to the source of the voice.

Her [E/C] eyes brightened at the sight of the male she sighted, "Reiner!" She exclaimed softly, turning around fully to jog up towards the blonde haired.

The latter was surprised by her sudden approach, he would be lying if he said he wasn't lured to her location because of her soft and gentle hums. "What are you doing around here?" He queried.

"Oh, I was actually looking for you." She answered his question, catching his off guard. "Hm? Why's that?" Reiner asked once again.

That's when he caught the sight of the pink hue that appeared on her cheeks as her finger began to twirl a lock of her hair in a circular motion.

"Reiner I actually.." She started, approaching the male before placing her hands against his chest. "..I wanted to tell you that.." She continued, stumbling over her words nervously.

Reiner felt his heart pound repeatedly against his rib cage, "Ye-Yeah.." He stuttered out. "..I like you.. a lot.." The latter's eyes drowned inside [E/C] pools that were filled with an immense amount of love and affection.

"I-I do too.." He admitted, a blush covering his cheeks. "That's great." She softly replied, her eyelids clasping over her eyes as she stood on the tip of her toes.

He watched her lean in towards his lips, 'n-no way.. are we going to..' He thought, before smiling and leaning towards the female as well. He could feel her breath hit his skin as their lips were inches apart.

"Reiner!"

"Huh?.." The male heard his name being called, causing him to blink repeatedly, catching the female he was about to kiss a second ago in-front of him with an anxious expression.

"Are you okay? You spaced out for a bit." [Y/N] said, tilting her head as she gazed at the male. 'That.. THAT WAS MY IMAGINATION!?' He inwardly shrieked.

"I- yeah sorry about that.." Reiner awkwardly answered her first question, covering his lower face as a blush painted his cheeks. " It's okay, today was a hard day." She reassured, smiling warmly at the male.

"Well, uhm," Reiner coughed, scratching the back of his neck. "..what were you going to say?" He asked her, wanting to know the actual reason she wanted to see him.

"Right, I just wanted to say.." She began, pausing as a soft blush took over her cheeks.
'Was it my imagination?' Reiner asked, his heartbeat increasing as a second passed by.

"Thank you." She continued, expressing her gratitude verbally towards the blonde male.

'Yeah it was my imagination..' He internally admitted. "Your welcome but..what for?" He was confused about why she thanking him. What has he done?

"For saving me, and helping me throughout the expedition. Also that one time you saved me from falling and allowing me to escape Shadis's scolding."

She counted the times she was assisted by Reiner, happy to have the male look out for her and their other comrades all the time. Her words caused a smile to climb his lips, "Don't mention it, we're friends who look out for each other on the daily, especially in a world like this."

[Y/N] hummed as an affirmative response, "I agree. I'm happy to count on you and you can do the same to me! I'll be by your side like you're by mine."

Reiner snickered, "Now how will a shorty like you protect me, huh?" He decided to tease the female, who shortly gasped in response.

"Well excuse me, I was born with this height! I'm not even that short!" She retorted, "And don't forget, I learned that move from Annie. You know, the one I tried out on you, I won't be afraid to do it again."

The color drained away from Reiner's face as he recalled the pain he went through. "Yes ma'am." He said, jokingly saluting.

[Y/N] smirked before chuckling at his actions, "That's more like it."

(Cute moment with our reiner 👀)

( Hope you enjoyed this chapter!)