4. Teaming Up

It was a lunch time and Yoongi was sitting with his band members on their usual place. He was thinking how to ask them more about Hoseok without looking suspicious.

It wasn't like he wanted to get know the younger better or something like that (at least that's what Yoongi told himself), but he just wished to satisfy his curiosity.

"Does anyone know why is Kim Seokjin looking at our table?" Taehyung asked after noticing that the older was sneaking looks quiet often at their direction.

Namjoon, who was sitting backwards to the table of swim team turned his head at the speed of light. Seokjin barely noticeably smirked and looked away.

"What do you guys know about Jung Hoseok?" Yoongi asked until boys managed to change subject from swimmers.

"Jung Hoseok? I know him quiet well" said Jimin. "Couple of years ago we practiced dances together but then he chose swimming. Why are you asking Yoongi?"

Shit. "I forgot to tell you but he's the guy Kan Hee cheated on me with."

"WHAT?" Suddenly their table got full of indignant exclaims. Jungkook even jumped from his chair and started scanning the room in search of Kan Hee. Yoongi shook his head in dissatisfaction and asked them to calm down.

"Can you please not let the whole fucking school to find out about what happened?"

"The nerve that this woman has is something else Yoongi." Taehyung said while being annoyed with shameless ex of his hyung.

"Yes I think we have already agreed that cheating was a dick move. So Jimin, now tell me more about Hoseok."

The yonger got lost for a moment. He was still processing new information. But after he heard Yoongi, the blonde slightly nodded agreeing to continue.

"Well, Hoseok is just a really great guy. He's very caring, sincere and kind. I know it sounds as if I'm praising him but he really has the biggest heart and is one of the sweetest people I've ever met."

"Why are you lying baby?" Taehyung asked without looking at his boyfriend. Jimin threw at him look asking what was he talking about. Taehyung just casually cupped his cheeks, as it was no big deal, and said with a deep voice. "No one can be sweeter or kinder than you."

Jimin immediately blushed. He tried to hide his red face but failed as Taehyung was still holding him and looking right into his eyes.

"These two.." Yoongi thought and rolled his eyes. Namjoon tried to pretend he didn't see a thing, while Jungkook was innocently looking in all directions except of the olders'.

"Tae, what are you saying?" Jimin pouted avoiding his boyfriend's gaze and trying to free his face.

"Can you two focus please?" Yoongi ruined their moment without hesitation. Taehyung finally let go of Jimin's still pink cheeks. Satisfied smile played at his lips.

"As I know, he's very passionate about swimming, Yoongi." Namjoon intervened.

"That's quiet obvious, he's the best swimmer in the team." Jungkook commented. "I've heard he practices much more than other swimmers. Even stays in the school pool until it gets dark."

"He's a literal sunshine in a human form." Jimin said when he was finally able to continue talking. "You know how they say, stay close to people who feel like sunshine. That's why he's always surrounded by people."

So that's the reason why he was so nice to him. Yoongi looked at where Hoseok was sitting. The younger was peacefully enjoying his lunch.

"He always tries to please everyone." Yoongi thought. "He probably thinks that it's his duty to make everyone around him happier. If I had others expecting me to be their sunshine, I would have thought so too. May that be the reason why he looked like a greek god under the sun this morning?"

Yoongi didn't say anything to his friends, neither did he mentioned the morning conversation with Hoseok and how the yonger made him feel different things, how he gave him hope that everything would be okay.

"In other words, he's complete opposite of you." Namjoon summed up.

"Hey!" Yoongi pouted in indignation. "You think I'm total opposite of sweet, kind and warm person?"

"Yes?" Namjoon answered not seeing anything wrong and not understanding why Yoongi was complaining when he just said fact.

"I might not be the most pleasant person but I'm not that bad either."

"That bitch knew what she was doing." Jungkook cried out louder than he expected. Ever since Yoongi told them about Kan Hee, he just couldn't hold his emotions every time he spoke about her. "You and Hoseok perfectly complement each other. She got the whole package! On one hand warm as sun boyfriend and on the other, cold as ice bad boy every girl dreams of."

"Hey guys-" Yoongi was getting frustrated as his friends were mentioning him as rude and cold guy. "I'm not cold as ice. Not that I need to explain myself but I was loving and caring boyfriend."

"We know, calm down hyung." Jimin told the older who was seriously getting hurt, hoping that would help. "Don't listen to them."

No one said a word and eventually Yoongi chilled.

That day his last lesson was chemistry. Students were already tired of long day so announcement that they would be doing group projects didn't make anyone happy. Well, almost no one. Hoseok seemed quiet satisfied.

"Please choose your partner until the end of the class." Teacher told them encouraging students to divide for groups of two.

Yoongi looked around the room trying to spot Namjoon. But before he managed to do so, Hoseok took free seat besides him.

"Let's do this project together." He said with his firm smile. The boy managed to surprise the older not once but twice in a day.

"Don't ruin my chances to get the highest mark. I have to team up with Namjoon."

"Oh, come on, Yoongi. We'll have so much fun. Please be my partner." Yoongi's heart started beating like crazy.

"Something is definitely wrong with me today. How can this kid have such impact on me?"

"Besides," Hoseok continued pointing at Namjoon. "He's top student. Everyone ran towards him as soon as teacher asked us to pair up. He's already taken for sure."

He was right. Someone had already managed to team up with Yoongi's friend.

"What did I even do to you? Do you know that I suck at chemistry and desperately need high mark?" Yoongi asked the boy with tired voice.

"We'll figure out something, huyng. Don't worry." Hoseok nooded at him assuring that he meant it. For some reason it was easy to believe him. So left with no other choice, Yoongi agreed to become his project partner.

"But only because Namjoon is with someone else." He told the younger.

"I'm still taking it." Hoseok winked at him and went back to grab his stuff. Yoongi's eyes widened.

"What-? Did he just-?" The older sighed. "This kid is gonna drive me crazy."

✨✨✨

A/N: Let me clarify something. Yoongi, Namjoon, Hoseok and Jin are all in the same grade (juniors), Jimin and Taehyung are a grade below (sophomore) and Jungkook is a freshman.

Honestly, I'm so excited to write every Sope interaction. Let's see what will happen.

P.S did anyone catch Namjin and Vmin vibes?