49. 'Sweet' Reunions

"I can't believe they're finally returning to school! I can't wait to see them." Jimin told Jungkook on their way to the school. Lately the younger had been driving him every morning. At first Jimin found it odd but then he got used to it.

"Me too! I haven't seen Yoongi-hyung just a week but it felt like forever." Jungkook said with bunny smile.

They arrived at school earlier than usual. The two were eager to see their friends who had disappeared for a week.

"Okay just act as always, Kook... I mean Jungkook." Jimin corrected himself the very last second. After that little outburst, the blonde stopped calling the younger with nicknames. He still found it weird, but decided to respect Jungkook's request. The boy probably had his own reasons.

The younger, on the other hand, felt very guilty. In reality he wouldn't mind be called Kookie by his Jiminie-hyung again. He just didn't know how to say it.

"Look at these early birds, Joon." Kim Seokjin made his way towards two boys who were sitting on the bench in a school yard. His purple locks were styled in such way that the older's forehead was visible. Even their dull gray uniform couldn't harm his beauty. He looked more handsome than usual.

"Good morning hyung." Jimin greeted him and sent eye smile to Namjoon who accompanied his boyfriend.

"Morning, Minnie." Namjoon affectionately ruffled Jimin's fluffy hair and sat next to his friends.

"Can you guys believe that we'll see Yoongi and Hoseok today?" Jimin excitedly asked the couple.

"Relax, Jiminah." Jin said casually as if he didn't stay up the previous night thinking about how to face Hoseok after the younger had yelled at him in the canteen. "You'll scare them if you act like a crazy fangirl."

"Don't say that hyung. Jimin just missed them all this time." Jungkook chipped in when noticed Jimin's pouty expression. He wrapped one hand around the older's shoulders as if protecting him.

Jin suspiciously furrowed his eyebrows at the two.

"Is there something going on between you two?" He asked pointing at them.

Both boys' eyes widened at the question. Jungkook instantly withdraw his hand as if it burned.

"No Jin! Nothing like that!" Jimin exclaimed immediately and Jungkook would be lying if he said that it didn't hurt him. "I would never... Jungkook is like my little brother, you know it hyung! Right, Kook? Tell him!"

Jungkook fought back the tears forming in his eyes. He couldn't show his emotions or they would have found out about his feelings. Jimin would hate him. No, Jungkook had to pretend like the words of the boy he was in love with didn't shatter his heart.

"Yeah, of course." He said with a small smile. Oh, how much it took him to fake that smile...

"If you say so..." Jin still wasn't convinced and decided to keep a close eye on two. Something was off there, he could feel it.

"Just leave them alone, Jin." Namjoon told his boyfriend as he saw Jin's brooding face. He knew what the other had on mind. Over months of relationship they became quite close. Namjoon knew Jin like the back of his hand even before they started dating, but after they became boyfriends, he studied every little detail of the handsome boy.

"You embarrass them." Namjoon added when he noticed how flustered the youngers looked.

"Okay, fine! I just asked tho."

"Asked what?" Taehyung appeared out of nowhere. None of the four noticed how he approached them, so they got caught by surprise.

For some reason Jimin blushed harder when he saw his ex. He didn't want Taehyung to know what Jin had just accused him and Jungkook of. Even though it wasn't true, he feared Tae would misunderstand and think that Jimin had already moved on from him, when that wasn't the case at all.