26

"Tae, I don't think, I mean, are they going to accept me?" Jungkook whined resting his head against the window while bouncing the crying baby in his lap.
"Of course they are going to accept you sweet, I love you so much and they know that. Just be yourself, that's all that I ask" Tae rubbed the younger's thigh softly as he drove to his parents house.

Jungkook slouched in his seat with a pout which made Bam stop crying and instead he full on catapulted himself into the boy and hugged him. Jungkook snuggled into the sweet smelling baby and pressed kisses all over his face.

Once they arrived, Tae helped the younger out of the car along with Bam and they walked to the front door. With Bam on Jungkook's hip, he tried to straighten out his clothing once again to look presentable enough but was stopped by a hand.
"You look beautiful, stop" Tae locked their fingers together supportively.

The door swung open and revealed two parents in their late 50's.
"Tae" his mother smiled, pulling her child into a hug.
"You must be Taehyung's boyfriend" Tae's dad looked the boy up and down.
"Y-yes sir, my name is Jeon Jungkook sir, it's nice to meet you" Jungkook bowed, holding onto Bam protectively.

"Hmm at least this one has manners" Mr Kim joked, which Jungkook sheepishly smiled as a reply to not really knowing what to do or say.
"Hi Jungkook it's lovely to finally meet you" Mrs Kim beamed.
"And it's lovely to meet you too Mrs Kim" Jungkook smiled.

"Come inside, dinner will be ready soon" Mrs Kim welcomed them in, taking Bam from Jungkook, who kicked up a stink for a little while but settled down.
The two walked inside, Tae pulling him to the living room while they waited for dinner to be ready.

"Come sit" Tae patted his lap with his body smile on show.
"Tae I can't" Jungkook whispered, looking over his shoulder seeing Mr Kim staring right at them.
"Why not, please" Tae whined wanting to hold his baby in his arms.
Jungkook softly giggled but still shook his head no.
"Tae we are at your parents, later okay" he pressed a kiss to Tae's cheek and rested his head on his shoulder while fiddling with his fingers.

"Come to the table, dinner is ready" Mrs Kim chimed.
The couple walked to the table with Mr Kim sat in his seat and Bam at the end of the table in his high chair.
Mrs Kim sat beside Mr Kim, while Tae took a seat opposite his mother, leaving Jungkook to sit next to Taehyung and opposite Mr Kim.

"Dig in, I hope you enjoy it Jungkook"
"Thank you so much for making dinner Mrs Kim" Jungkook bowed before taking a bite of the egg fried rice.
"So Jungkook you work as an intern under Tae?" Mr Kim started the chat.
"Y-yes sir"
"Hm do you actually love my son or are you in for it for the money?" Mr Kim chewed slowly, staring at the boy, not wanting to waste time.
"Papa why?" Taehyung looked at his father with wide eyes.

"Tae it's okay" Jungkook tapped Tae's thigh softly.
"Sir, I understand why you might think that. But I promise you, I love your son and grandson more than anything in this world.  They mean everything to me and to be quite frank I don't know where I would be right now if I didn't have them in my life. I'm doing my upmost best to be there for both your son and grandson. Money means nothing to me, I would happily live in a shed if it came down to it, as long as I'm with Taehyung and Bam I don't care how much money either of us have" Jungkook rambled all in one breath.

Everyone was pretty stunned, none of them were expecting such an outburst. Jungkook shovelled some food into his mouth angrily. He couldn't believe that Mr Kim could say such a thing. He knew that they were probably worried because of what Jia was like, but they shouldn't have assumed.

"Thank you" a small whisper came out from Mr Kim.
"P-pardon?" Jungkook gulped looking up nervously.
"Thank you, thank you for being there for both my son and grandson. I'm glad my son has such a caring boyfriend. I knew from the way my son spoke about you that you were special, and I'm sorry I acted that way toward you. I just needed to see the truth" Mr Kim admitted.

"Jungkook sweetie, you're so pure" Mrs Kim sobbed, tears gushing out of her eyes.
Jungkook then turned to Tae who was also tearing up.
"Tae don't cry" Jungkook whispered as he cupped the boys cheek, rubbing his thumb over the elders soft skin.

Tae moved their chairs out and pulled him in for a hug. Tae buried his face into the younger's neck while Jungkook ruffled the elders hair comfortingly. 
"I'm here" Jungkook whispered again.
"Aren't you both so lovely" Mrs Kim sniffed, drying her eyes with a napkin, feeling slightly embarrassed about her ugly crying.

"Anyway please eat, otherwise the food will become come" Mrs Kim ushered when she saw them pulling away from the hug.
"Of course Mrs Kim, thank you" Jungkook smiled, eating another few spoon fulls till he was caught off guard by sudden wails.

"Awhhh bub" Jungkook pouted seeing the baby cry.
He carefully pulled Bam out of his high chair and into his arms.
"Don't cry sweet baby" Jungkook swayed him side to side while the baby buried his face into Jungkook's neck, suckling on his neck softly as he calmed down.

"Hm Tae" Jungkook called the boy who was about to help his mother clear the plates.
"Do you mind getting me the pacifier from the bag? he's suckling my neck again"
"Of course Bambi, I'll be right back"

"I'm sorry Jungkook, I truly am, you've got a heart of gold and I should never have doubted it"
"It's okay honestly, I love these two so much, and I don't think I could ever hurt them. Because seeing them hurt, hurts me double the amount"