Adopted by Stony

Tony and Steve walked into the orphanage looking for a child to adopt. They were looking for kids aged 0-6. When they arrived they were met by a woman who checked them in and told them to go and wait in the waiting room. (the waiting room was where the children played.) They arrived and saw a young girl walk in.

"Hello, are you looking to adopt?" I asked.

"Yes we are. " steve replied

My face slightly lit up. Hoping that maybe they would want a 14 year old girl but then realized no.

"That is amazing, what age group are you looking at?" I questioned

"Between 0-6." Tony replied.

My face slightly dropped. But I kept a small smile on my face.

"It will be amazing to see one of them get a home that they deserve. Some of these kids have been through so much at a little age." I state

"Well we will be happy to give one of the littluns a home they deserve." Steve said.

As I was about to say something. One of the kids who was about 3 ran up to me crying.

"What is wrong baby?" I asked in a nurturing voice

"I was just playing and I scraped my arm. It really hurts." they said, crying.

"Oh well come here." I opened my arms and they came running up to me and hugged me.

" Now let's go and clean this up and then you can formally meet these 2 lovely people who are planning on adopting." I say

"Are they going to be adopting you? Please say yes, you have been here forever" they say

I shake my head

"Haha, No, hunny, they might adopt you though."I answer.

Steve and Tony's eyes widened when they heard the kid ask the girl if she was going to be adopted. They thought she worked there.

I left and then came back with all the kids who were in that age group, who happened to be every child in the orphanage. Besides myself. I was brought in when I was 6 and have forever been the oldest. Now it is my home and workplace. I have given up on being adopted and focus on the kids who are like my children. There were only 10 kids left, who needed to be adopted.

"Hello sirs, these are the children who are in your age category. They are the only ones left in the orphanage. So if you would like to interact with them to get to know them you can. Sorry if they are a little shy." you say this and walk away.

Steve and Tony go and play with the kids, but they look at each other and think that they do not want any of them they want you.

After the 45 minutes is up and the kids have to go for their naps. You walk back over to them to ask if they have found a kid they liked.

"Hello Sirs, have you thought of a child you may want to adopt?" you ask.

"Yes we did but can we ask you some questions, they are a little personal if that is ok?" Tony asked

"Of course, which child are you asking about?" you say sitting in the chair across from them.

"Well we wanted to ask some questions about you." Steve said

"Me?" you reply

"Yes, is that ok?" Steve asked

"Sure" you say

"So how old are you?" tony asked

"I am 14." you say

"Do you work here?" steve questioned