Other Widow

You were sitting at lunch by yourself at school, reading. You were a quick kid but with a secret. You were trained to kill. You were the great success of the Red Room. You had been on an undercover mission for the last 6 months. You are posing as a 15 year old girl school kid. Your school was in NYC and had frequent visits from the avengers. Tomorrow was one of those days and the day to carry out your mission. " bring Natalia back." That was your mission.

Today the team was coming to school, it was fitness weak so you were going to be doing an avengers workout. It would be easy for you as it would be nothing compared to what you do in the Red Room.

Teacher: Ok everyone it is our turn for the gym.

She announced. Everyone walked in a line to the gym

Steve: Hello everyone, today we are doing an avengers workout. Now due to us being trained and many have powers as you do this take your time and breathe, if it is getting too much stop collect yourself and then continue.

Everyone: ok

Steve: Now we are going to start on 30 pushups then 30 squats. You have 10 minutes to go.

He starts the timer on the wall. You complete the set in 3 minutes. You jog up to the team and tell them you are done.

Ruby: Hey, what do you do when you are done?

Tony: Are you done?

Ruby: Yeah, it was pretty easy.

Steve: Well can you please do it again just so we know.

Ruby: sure,

You do the same set, just as quick as last time, then stand up.

Bruce: That was impressive, how?

Ruby: Thanks and I go to the gym every day after school so it is a normal set.

You half lie. You do go to the gym everyday and this was part of your set, but your training was set by the Red Room.

Thor: That makes more sense.

Then the timer goes off.

Steve: Alright everybody, time up, grab a drink then walk over to the track, where you will meet Agent Romanoff for your field work.

You grab a quick drink and then walk over to the track. Where Nat was waiting for you all. You laid eyes on the red hair that you used to call your mother before she left you in the Red Room. she promised to take you or to come back, that was 8 years ago. You never wanted her to be back there; you knew that this was better for her. You knew that this was going to be wrong and that she probably does not even remember you, but you also know returning without her you would be starved and pushed harder than normal, until your next successful mission or worse killed. You knew that you had to continue to survive. You had trained with the Taskmaster to make sure you would never lose a fight to her or a team. After all you were the feared White Widow around the world.

Nat: We are doing 10 laps around the track. GO.

Everyone ran or jogged, you knew what was next you had heard that they wanted the group to spar those who were willing and the others could either leave or watch, but they mainly advised leaving. It was now your class turn after everyone completed the 10 laps. Most people were exhausted and would not last sparing with one of the avengers, other than you and 2 other boys left when they announced it was up to you.

You watched the last boys leave and then it was your turn.

Tony: You sure kid.

Ruby: more than ready.

You say with a smile.

Steve: You have shown great skill today so we are going to put you against Agent Romanoff.

Ruby: amazing.

Nat: ready kid?

Ruby: born ready.

You knew that this was the time to complete your mission. Nat started off light punches and so did you not wanting to raise too much suspicion.

Ruby: Please do not pull back. I really want a real fight.

Nat: fine.

Nat's punches started to get faster and harder, she landed a few on your stomach that you could barely feel from all of your training. You notice she has her legs unprotected, you swoop under and knock her off her feet, she falls but rolls it off. You triple check that you have all of your weapons on before you continue the next phase.She is about to tackle you when you grab a small knife and slice her leg as you slide in between her legs, not deep but enough to do a small amount of damage. She looks at you wide-eyed and is about to say something when you pull out your gun. The team's face goes into pure shock.

Ruby: Did you really think that you could hide Natalia?

You say letting her full russian accent slide.

Nat: what?

Ruby: Do you really think that you could hide from him? From them?

Thor: What is Ruby talking about?

Nat: I don't know.

Ruby: Of course you don't. It was 8 years ago and now I have my mission to bring you back, and I can't say no. Also I am not Ruby I am the White Widow.

Everyone: what the white widow. No.

Nat: baby?

Ruby: the one and only just this time I have a mission I wish not to complete.

Ruby: I don't want to take you back, I have to if I want to survive. I don't want to MaMa, please do not make me finish this.

You say while loosening your grip on the gun and placing it down. You stare at her in tears in your eyes and are terrified that you are having to do this. Nat walks up to you and then gives you a hug.

Nat: I know baby, I know

Ruby: I have to, or Dreykov will come and get you and kill me.

Nat: not if I have anything to do about it. Give me the knife.

Ruby: which one?

Steve: I am sorry what?

Ruby: Well I have about 8 different knives on me so do you want a butterfly, Hidden release, thumb stud, flipper, nail nick, thumb hole, button, thumb slide.

Nat: NN will be fine.

You hand her the knife. She slices your pants open.

Nat: This hurts.

Ruby: Come at me, nothing is as bad as the training.

Nat: ok.

She takes the knife and cuts out the tracker from your leg. The team stood there in shock.

Nat: be free baby.

Ruby: thanks Mama

Nat: It is ok. I am just sorry I did not notice you sooner.

Steve: should we be concerned?

Nat: no, this is the most special girl in the world. Unfortunately we met while in the red room. She had a mission to bring me back, she was basically my daughter so that is why she did not want to do it.

Ruby: today was my final day before they would have done it themselves and killed me.

Nat: I know, I know baby.

She said while hugging you.

Tony: Have you got anywhere to stay?

Ruby: No, but I will find somewhere

Tony: Why don't you work and live with us?

Ruby: Are you sure?

Tony: absolutely.

End