Chapter 33

'Good evening, Miss Coleman,' Tommy mocked as I climbed down the stairs, wearing the expensive, wrap around dress Laurel had picked out for me, my hair done up and heels grounding me to the floor.

'Evening,' I rolled my eyes, looking at Tommy's suited attire. 'Did I really have to wear all... This?'

'Its an art auction at the Queen's mansion,' Tommy pointed out. 'Of course we do.'

'I still think I'm a tad overdone,' I complained.

'You look fine,' Tommy reassured. 'Now lets go.'

---

Entering the Queens' house, we were met with violinists playing classical tunes in the background, numerous oil paintings stood on easels with many buyers looking at each paintings in deep thought.

'Wow,' I gasped at the interior of the house, its rich ornaments and luxurious furniture amazing me. 'And I thought your house was posh.'

Looking round the room, a waiter handed me a glass of champagne, thanking him in return.

'Hey!' A voice said behind us, making me jump, nearly spilling the contents of my glass all over my dress.

'Hey, buddy!' Tommy exclaimed back, turning to his friend, Oliver Queen. Realising I was also there, Tommy turned to me. 'Oliver, meet-'

'Aria Coleman,' I finished his sentence, smiling and dipping my head slightly to greet him.

'Hey, Aria,' Oliver said, grinning and trying to impress me.

'Your house is stunning,' I said, starting off the conversation.

'Don't tell my dad that,' Oliver laughed. 'Or else he'll start talking about everything he could possibly own all night!'

'Hey, Ollie,' Laurel approached us, grabbing hold of Oliver's hand. 'So, you've met Aria.'

'Aha,' Oliver agreed, hugging his girlfriend. 'Is your father here?'

'Unfortunately,' Laurel said, rolling her eyes. 'He's always suspicious of your family.'

'Oliver!' A man said joyfully and softly, his voice seeming quiet against the background noise of the event. 'How are you enjoying the evening?'

'Hey, dad,' Oliver greeted his father, Robert Queen. 'Apart from all the boring paintings, I... actually am.'

'You need to learn to embrace the arts, Oliver!' Robert said jokingly. 'I want you to carry on my art collection when I'm gone!'

'That won't be happening anytime soon,' Oliver argued.

'You never know,' Robert laughed, the whole group laughing along with his joke. I felt uncomfortable joking about death; I and the people around me had been to close to dying for me to find it remotely funny.

'Cheer up, Aria!' Tommy said quietly after Robert left. 'It was only a joke.'

'I've seen things which make me think that death isn't a joke,' I stated. 'But, I'm fine now. One little thing won't ruin the evening for me.'

'Who let my sister in?' Laurel suddenly asked angrily to us both. 'She isn't supposed to be here! She's grounded!'

'Hey, don't worry about it, Laurel,' Oliver grinned. 'I let her in.'

'You what?' Laurel stressed before storming off to her sister.

'Sorry about that,' Oliver apologised.

'It fine,' I said. 'She's probably just annoyed that her sister didn't fulfil her punishment.'

But I knew the real reason. Laurel was determined to kill off her sister's crush for her boyfriend, and Sara being at the party made it harder for Laurel to be with Oliver without her sister interrupting them and trying to split their relationship up. She was clearly worried that her relationship was going to go downhill if Sara made clear her love for Oliver; Oliver seemed to be a guy who moved on from girl to girl with no regrets.