Chapter 46

Hearing the song 'Jingle Bells Rock' play through the function room as Tommy and I entered the Queens' house for their Christmas Eve party, I felt overwhelmed by the amount of people in the room.

'How many-?' I started, taken aback.

'Welcome to the Queens' famous Christmas party!' Tommy laughed at my reaction. 'Everyone in Starling knows about it. And many wish to make the guest list.'

Looking back outside, I saw a group of people being turned away, obviously not making the guest list.

'It looks like even some try and get in, regardless of the list,' I muttered to myself.

Joining Laurel and Oliver by the Christmas tree we decorated only a few weeks ago, we were met by Moira and Robert Queen.

'Thank you, again, for helping put this party on,' Robert thanked us all.

'It's a pleasure,' Tommy said as Robert shook my hand. 'You're like a father to me.'

'And Aria, I know we've not known you for very long, but I'm glad I've had the pleasure of meeting you,' Robert continued. 'From the start I knew Malcolm had high hopes for you, but you have definitely grown to be part of the family now.'

'I'm glad I have had the pleasure to meet all of you, too,' I said, amazed at what he had just said. I was part of the Queen family now? I was truly honoured.

'You look gorgeous!' Laurel exclaimed as we went off to the drinks table, leaving Oliver and Tommy with Moira and Robert.

'Thank you!' I smiled. I wore a red, rhinestone encrusted dress, it's sparkly look reminding me of Christmas and holly berries, and black heels with a hint of glitter on the front. 'You look stunning too!'

Laurel wore a black, off the shoulder dress, her heels also being black.

'Hey, can I... ask you something?' Laurel asked as we came to a secluded, quiet corner of the room.

'Yeah,' I answered, nodding. 'You can ask me anything.'

'I was wondering, maybe,' Laurel started. 'If I should ask Ollie if he wants us to get our own place. Just, me and him.'

'Go for it!' I said enthusiastically, sounding rather cheesy. 'In all honesty, I think your relationship would work out much better, without Oliver being dependent on his cleaners and his parents money and everything he gets here. And, he may become more responsible once he learns to manage his own place.'

'So, you think I should ask him then?' Laurel checked.

'Definitely,' I nodded.

'You're such a good person for advice!' Laurel exclaimed, hugging me. 'Thank you!'

'It's a pleasure,' I smiled, laughing.

Throughout the night, Oliver, Laurel, Tommy and I chatted, danced, and had many laughs, Laurel and Oliver having a bit too much to drink while Tommy and I stayed just about sober. It seemed my responsibility had rubbed off on Tommy. And that Laurel and Oliver could get drunk way too easily.

After the remaining guests had said their goodbyes, the four of us were the only ones left.

'We're... gonna go, Tommy,' Oliver said, stressing Tommy's name and giving him a knowing, exaggerated look.

'What was that about?' I giggled as Tommy and I were left alone.

'I... don't know,' Tommy fibbed extremely obviously. 'Just, close your eyes and I'll guide you.

Confused, I followed his lead, Tommy covering my eyes with his hands.

'Where are we going?' I asked curiously, trying not to trip over in my heels without the aid of my sight.

'You'll see,' Tommy said vaguely.

Feeling the cold winter air hit me, I realised we were outside. Although it was cold, being with Tommy made me feel happy and made me not bother about the weather, my only worries about keeping my feet steady.

Taking his hands from my eyes, I was greeted with an entourage of music, Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco playing together on the raised patio in the Queens' terrace.

It was a dream come true.

Yes, I know I knew Panic! At The Disco and Patrick Stump from Fall Out Boy, but this was different. I hadn't, nor anyone else, heard them play together. It was a huge deal.

A very huge deal.

'You did this, for me?' I asked, in awe of what Tommy had done.

'It wasn't just me who did this,' Tommy smiled. 'Oliver, Laurel and Helena helped too.'

'This is the best Christmas present anyone's ever given to me!' I exclaimed. 'I, I can't thank you enough!'

'You don't have to,' Tommy said, as we kissed to an acoustic version of 'Dance, Dance' sung in harmony by Patrick and Brendon Urie.