25: Choices

"Lance wait." Nyma called trying her best to catch up to him.

"Leave me alone Nyma." Lance grumbled without looking back at her.

"Rolo's just upset, we've had nothing but bad luck for so long." Nyma explained catching his arm. "The truth is things were easier when we had you on the team."

Lance shook his head. "I'm with Voltron now."

"Did you say some sort of oath?" Nyma frowned looking confused.

"No."

"Then technically you could leave whenever you want." Nyma smiled. "You could come home."

"You and I both know that I don't have a home." Lance sighed.

"You did, you did with us." Nyma said cupping his face. "Listen, I know we had it hard, but don't you remember the fun we used to have? The adventures? You can't tell me you hated it all."

"I didn't." Lance admitted. "But Rolo's right, I left, it's a tendency that I have and I kinda need to break out of it."

"Well... Why don't you leave something one last time, and come home?" Nyma asked tilting her head, her purple eyes big and pleading.

"I can't just leave." Lance replied. "I owe these guys my life."

"You owe us your life." She replied still in the same soft tone.

Something was definitely not right here.

"Lance we took you in, these people don't really need you, I mean look at them. They work flawlessly together and then there's you."

"What about me?"

"Lance your clumsy, you think with your heart not with your head and one of these days it's going to get you killed." Nyma explained. "With us we can keep you safe, keep you away from the Galra."

"Nyma-"

"Remember what they did to you, remember what they took from you." Nyma pleaded. "The galra are getting stronger all the time and you're going to fly headfirst into the jaws of death? Please Lance. I don't want you to get hurt."

Lance sighed looking away.

"I can't leave." He mumbled after a few moments. "I'm the blue paladin, I have a responsibility to stay."

"The Lance I knew would never back down, if he didn't want it he would say no right to the princesses face."

"It's not the princess." Lance said holding her gaze. "Let me show you."

When they arrived in the hanger of the blue lion Lance felt a faint sort of unease settle in his chest. It wasn't his own feeling however.

He dismissed it turning to look at Nyma who was staring at the lion with wide eyes.

"This is the blue lion."

"You have to pilot that thing?" She breathed. "Wow."

"Yeah, not exactly by choice." Lance sighed. "I didn't choose to do this, the lion chose me."

"Chose you?"

"Yeah." Lance nodded. "They're sentient so they make up their own minds."

"Can it go fast?" Nyma asked looking excited.

"You bet, she's really fast." Lance smirked.

"Can you show me?"

Lance hesitated slightly. "I can show you inside but... I shouldn't really leave the castle with her."

The New Paladinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें