34: Reply

"How many fleets does Zarkon have?"

"Where is his main ship?"

"How are they alive?"

Silence echoed back to Shiro as he glared at Sendak's sleeping form.

He was in an Altean pod connected to an extraction chamber. It would absorb the thoughts that Sendak had, all Shiro had to do was push the thoughts they needed into Sendak's mind.

Which was appearing to be a lot harder then he thought.

"How is he ignoring us?" Keith asked tapping the screen.

"I don't know." Shiro admitted shaking his head. "But we need to crack his mind open."

You don't know a lot of things do you black paladin.

Shiro and Keith both flinched as the voice echoed around them.

"What in Dibazal's name?" Keith asked, eyebrows furrowed low.

You wanted answers, here I'll give you some. Sendak's voice growled. The Galra have many fleets with power you do not understand, and your pathetic team will die.

"Pathetic?!" Keith grit out. "We took you down."

Barely, and only because that boy has some sense. No you are a disjointed team and unprepared to face what you have set out for. Besides soon I will be free and you will not be prepared for the rage I will unleash on you.

Shiro glared at the glass pod in front of him. Sendak was sort of right.

"Until you are ready to cooperate we will leave you down here." Shiro stated calmly. "Come on Keith, let's go."

He pulled the red paladin away from the pod and back towards the lift.

"We need to find a different way to get our information." Shiro admitted once the doors had closed.

"We're not that bad are we?" Keith asked quietly.

Shiro sighed. "It's been a long time Keith, we need to figure out how to work as a unit again."

Keith nodded. "Yeah, I guess."

~~~

"Give it a kick."

"We do not kick my grandfather's work!" Coran called from where he was working behind the main monitor.

Coran, Pidge and Hunk had been working for a while on trying to get everything up and running again.

But since there wasn't much else to do Lance had decided to hang around them. He had definitely decided not to go down with Keith and Shiro to talk to Sendak.

Just knowing that the castle was inhabited by said Galran caused more problems then Lance liked to admit.

So here he was trying to lighten the heavy mood.

He shot Hunk a wink before he kicked the main computer.

Everything flickered slightly before the seamless hum followed.

"What did you do?" Pidge asked as all the lights glowed warmly and the screens came back on.

Lance shrugged. "I told it to do its job."

"You kicked it didn't you." Coran frowned.

"Maybe." Lance mumbled looking away.

"Alright team." Shiro sighed as he entered the control room with Allura and Keith. "We need to talk."

"What's up fearless leader?" Lance asked shooting him a smile.

Shiro frowned. "We need to train."

"Why?"