◉CHAPTER-18◉

AUTHOR'S POV

Ved's sleep broke with her little movements as he lifted his face just to see his lady love who was sleeping peacefully in his warmth.. A beautiful smile curled on his lips.. Ved slowly unwrapped her arms from his figure taking care of her sleep and covered her body neatly with the blanket.. Then pecking on her forehead sweetly, wrapping a thick shawl on his figure he got down from the bed.. There was a small heater beside the window pane.. Ved stepped forward and sat beside the window pane.. Taking a deep breath he closed his eyes as he remembered about the moments with her sometimes before..

How quickly the time passed and everything was changed, how quickly he had fallen in love with her madly and now this blissful moment.. A smile appeared on his face as he glanced at her for once and then again closed his eyes..

Ishani streched her arms to snuggle more into him but sensing his absence, she lifted her body a little still holding the blanket.. Her vision stucked on his face as she got a clear view of him.. Wearing his shirt she got down from the bed and stepping towards him she wrapped her arms around his neck.. Ved looked up and came to see her beautiful and innocent face..

He gestured her to sit as she came forward and sat on his lap still hugging him.. Ishani placed her head on his bare chest as he too covered her with the shawl pecking on her cheek lightly..

◉✦◉

The four friends came home and got busy into their personal lives.. Ved and Ishani's relationship grew more stronger with each passing day.. On the other hand, Ahaan and Nidhi too became good friends..

◉✦◉

"Ved, Aap kaha hai??.. Please jaldi ayiye.. Bohot Zoro ki barish ho rahi hai.. Mujhe bohot ghabrahat ho rahi hai".. (Ved where are you??.. Please come fast.. It's raining hard.. I'm tensed).. A impatient Ishani asked on a call as her husband didn't come till now..

"I'm coming, Ishu.. It'll take hardly 30 minutes".. Ved, from the other side spoke out with a soft smile while driving..

"Why did you go out in this bad weather??.. Everyone is tensed about you.. Aai was asking me again and again that I've talked to you or not.. I've called you more than 15 times but you didn't pick up".. She sadly uttered..

"I'm extremely sorry, Ishu.. I was in a meeting and that's why couldn't pick up your call and it was needed for me to come today.. You please don't worry.. I'm coming soon".. He increased the speed and held the steer tightly while talking to her..

"It's okay.. Please drive safely and come soon.. We're waiting".. Saying so, she was going to cut the call when she heard a loud sound which caught her attention and with that the line got disconnected..

"W__What's that sound??.. V__Ved, is okay na??".. Her heart suddenly clenched with a sudden fear.. Grabbing the mobile Ishani immediately dialled his number but none picked it up this time..

After numerous trials ultimately she sat down with a thud on the floor.. Her heart was beating at faster rate and she was sweating badly.. Gulping down the fear she stood up with trembling feet and immediately rushed towards the ground hall..

"Ishani!!.. Where are you going in this weather and did you talk with Ved??".. A confused Bhavna blocked her way seeing her restless..

"A__Aai, I'll tell you everything later but now I__I've to go!!.. Please leave my way".. She stammered with shakey voice and was again tried to leave but failed..

"No.. I can't let you go.. Already Ved isn't coming and now you too.. Come inside".. She held her wrist and dragged her inside the house again..

"Please Aai, V__Ved musibat mein hai.. Please mujhe jane dijiye" (Ved is in danger.. Please let me go).. Ishani said fearfully as she snapped her head shockingly..

"W__What are saying??".. Bhavna raised her eyebrows as she elaborated the whole incident near her..

Fear grabbed her heart and mind, eyes became widened.. Wasting no time she called her husband and asked him to search for Ved.. Ishani became restless as her mother-in-law wasn't letting her to go out in search of Ved..

◉✦◉

More time passed but Ved still didn't come.. Ishani and Bhavna was crying badly.. On the other hand, Viren was trying to console them.. They called at office and other places where Ved might have gone but didn't get a single clue about Ved..

"Aai, V__Ved thik to honge na.. Kiyun nehi arahe hain woh abhi bhi" (Ved is okay na??.. Why he hasn't came till now).. Ishani asked out suddenly..

Bhavna looked at her husband and then again remained silent.. She was unable to answer her question as she was asking this for 100th time..

"He is fine, Ishani and will come soon".. She hugged her daughter-in-law hiding her own tears..

Suddenly, Viren's phone ranged as he took the call hurriedly..

"Hello, Is this Vedant Deshmukh's house!!".. The caller asked as he nodded..

"Y__Yes.. I'm his father, Viren Deshmukh.. What happened??".. Hearing this both the ladies snapped their heads..

"Actually, we're calling from CITY HOSPITAL.. Your son had a major accident sometimes ago.. Please come here fast.. Then only we'll be able to start the procedures".. Hearing the words, his feet got stucked with the floor..

"A__Accident".. Ishani's eyes became widened as she felt like someone stabbed in her heart with a sharp knife..

"W__We are coming right now!!.. Please start all the needful".. Cutting the call Viren immediately went to the room and taking the necessities hurriedly left for the hospital with his wife and daughter-in-law who lost her senses literally..

◉✦◉