◉CHAPTER-19◉

AT THE HOSPITAL

All rushed towards the ICU after getting the information about him from the reception.. Ishani was about to enter the cabin but a nurse blocked her way..

"Please let me go near him!!.. Please".. She pleaded infront of her..

"I'm sorry!!.. You can't now.. Doctor is operating him.. Please wait here".. Nurse stopped her.. Getting no option, she sat on the bench with a thud outside the cabin..

Tears were flowing continuously from her eyes.. Sitting beside her, Bhavna and Viren tried to console her when her eyes fell on a small glass window of the cabin.. Ishani stepped forward and tilted her head to see inside as more tears came out.. There Ved was laying senseless with closing eyes.. His whole body was covered with blood and doctors were cleaning it.. Seeing the scene, her heartbeat stopped for a moment.. Ishani lifted her hand a little and caressed the glass in attempt to caress his pain..

"Ved, you can't do this!!.. Please get up soon.. I can't see you like this.. I love you!!".. She murmured in low voice and bursted out in tears..

Her in-laws came near her and tried to take her from that place but she didn't go anywhere and stood there like a statue.. Seeing the doctor Ishani rushed towards him..

"How's Ved, Doctor??.. He is fine na??.. Please tell me".. An impatient Ishani asked with teary eyes..

"Can't tell you anything.. Major head injury and excessive blood lose.. His one hand is totally fractured".. Hearing the words of the doctor, Ishani's face fell.. Placing the palms on her mouth she cried her heart out..

"C__Can we meet him??".. Viren asked with shakey voice..

"Not now!!.. He is senseless and it's needed that he gains his consciousness soon or__".. Doctor stopped in mid as everyone raised their eyebrows..

"O__Or??".. Bhavna asked out while stammering but the doctor didn't utter anything..

His silence felt different to the family members as they stood there shockingly.. The doctor sighed and left from there..

◉✦◉

The whole night passed with horror.. None was able to close their eyes for a second.. Her in-laws called her family and informed them about Ved's condition.. Then she decided to go to temple to pray for his well being.. Informing her in laws she left for the temple.. Taking blessings from God and praying for her husband's well being Ishani was coming to hospital when suddenly she collided with her friend Bikram..

"Aree, Ishu!!.. Where are you going in hurry and why didn't you come for practice sessions".. He asked smilingly meeting his friend..

"Actually, I didn't get time and I was little busy.. So__".. Before she could complete her sentence a tight slap fell on her face which shocked both of them..

Ishani snapped her head shockingly at that side as her eye balls came out from the socket seeing her father..

"P__Pappa!!".. Ishani stammered a little holding her cheek seeing his sudden outburst..

Rajat grabbed her wrist tightly and dragged her towards another side..

"Papa, w__what happened??".. She asked with teary eyes..

"Your husband is in ICU and you're roaming here and there with those cheap boys".. He greeted his teeth..

"Y__You're taking everything wrong papa.. He was just asking me about my absence on the practice sessions".. She said while stammering..

"Practice sessions!!.. Did you again join your singing classes after your marriage??".. He asked with rage as she shook her head a little fearfully knowing about her father's anger..

Without caring anything he started dragging her suddenly and was taking to the opposite direction of the hospital.. Raising her head she opened her mouth..

"Papa, please leave my hand.. It's hurting!!.. Where are you taking me??.. I've to go near Ved.. Aai, baba all are waiting for me, please!!".. She pleaded trying to remove herself from his grip but he didn't let that happen..

"Ved, knows about everything papa!!.. He, himself insisted me to join the classes.. Believe me once!!".. She tried to convince him but Rajat didn't pay attention..

Holding her wrist more tightly he went to their house..

◉✦◉

Opening the door of the room Rajat threw her on the floor and locked her inside.. Ishani's body chilled out in pain because of the friction on the floor.. Seeing her father's action, she started banging the door without caring about her pain..

"What are you doing??.. Why are you locking her??".. Pankhuri, her mother came running seeing her husband this much angry..

"Don't try to stop me this time!!.. You and your love had spoilt her totally".. Rajat bursted out on her..

"Papa, please!!.. Hear me once!!".. Ishani was continuously shouting and pleading from inside..

"What has she done??".. Pankhuri asked fearfully..

"After marriage, without her husband who is in ICU, she was roaming with boys in the middle road and you're asking me what happened??.. Moreover, she has joined her singing classes and again started those haha hihi with random boys!!".. He mocked her..

"I__I think, Ved knows about this or else our Ishu wouldn't take this step!!".. she said lowering her gaze..

"Then also how did she get the audacity??.. Doesn't she know about her family rules and restrictions.. Doesn't she know, after marriage we don't allow any woman to roam outside like this or we've to remind her everything".. He fisted his hands..

"I told you Rajat, give her early marriage but pankhuri didn't let me do that.. Now we've to suffer like this.. Today Rajat caught her red handed.. Don't know what more she has done!!".. Her grandmother huffed and looked at Pankhuri with anger..

"P__Please don't be angry!!.. I'm talking to her".. Saying so she tried to enter but Rajat blocked her way..

"Today none will support her.. Get ready.. We have to go to hospital and don't even try to open the door".. He warned and left the place..

Glancing at the door tearfully and her daughter's cries she too left the place suppressing the tears..

◉✦◉