3

I spent the whole flight trying to get some sleep but it never came to me. Before boarding my phone didnt stop ringing with messeges and calls from my team so I decided to turn it off hoping that i wont need it to find Carlos once i get there. This hours to myself have helped reassuring me that I'm making the right decition. My last album was mainly written by ghost writers and even if they were great songs they didnt seem personal to me. I havent seen my family in 10 months and i dont even remember the last time I took a week of vacation.

Not that I was forced to enter this world, I know this lifestyle had its ups and downs. I just wish i could have more control over my life.

I put on my sunglasses in hope of not being recognised. I honestly don't have the strenght to be polite around paps and people in general and I dont want to start more drama.  I look around just as I go though the arrivals gate looking for Carlos. When I spot him through the crowd i run to him to hug him.

-Peque cuanto has crecido! (you've grown so much peque)- Carlos said once he saw me, without taking a second to hug me, I hide my head in the crook of his neck, it has been too long without seeing him- Come on let's get you home, they are dying to see you again- I let go and dry a tear that has escaped my eyes- Why are you crying Oli? This seemes serious.- he asked concerned.

-I will tell you in the car lets just get going- I said as Carlos puts an arm around my shoulders.

The trip to the car is met with silence by both sides trying to get as fast as posible without being stopped by fans. Carlos is wearing a plain black cap and sunglasses. We had reached the exit without any mishaps but are met in the exit by a group of reporters. He notices how I tensed under his arm and puts his cap on my head. I've always hated how the press behaves around famous people as if we werent humans with feelings.

Not that I haven't had enough time to get used to it, my family has always been in the spotlight after all. But this last few years had only worsened the anxiety being on the spotlight gave me. We finaly reached the car Carlos had delivered and I could finally feel like I could breathe again.

-Are you going to tell me whats going on? You know I love you but I came straight from Italy because of you- This was just why I didn't want him to know I was back, I knew he would drop everything if he thought something was wrong with me.

-I'm sorry about that. I didnt want to be a bother but I did not know were else to go.- I avoided his gaze by looking through the window to the different cars driving alongsode us through the highway.

-Dont be silly Oli you are family its no problem. I just want to make sure you are okay- he said as he turned on the radio- Look its one of your songs!- he exclaimed cheerfully.

-Please turn it off im not on the mood right now- I take a deep breath of air as Carlos looked at me worriedly from the corner of his eye- I left Lia.- I finally said.

-About damn time! I've been telling you to drop her for years - he said proudly while giving me a huge smile- She is a whitch. Do you remember when she said i had bad hair? Me! Bad hair Oli! - I groan while i hug my knees hiding my head on them - Put your legs down I dont want a ticket peque.

- Can you be serious for a moment please?-I say looking at him seriously - My life and my carrer are falling apart and you can only think about what that bitch said about your hair Carlos? - I tried to mantain a straight face but i started laughing when i saw Carlos trying not to laugh.

-Dont sweat it Oli, this will be great for you we havent seen you in forever - I felt guilty inmediately, i know i didnt came around much but i tried updating them in any life changes as often as posible - I know you have a busy schedule and I get it I'm not blaming you. Just try to come around more often, Mom and Dad misses you - I look down to my hands fidgeting.

- Do you know what she told me as I was leaving - I look straight ahead unable to look at him right now - She said I was going to stay alone forever - I catch a shaky breath trying to remain calm - She told me I had no real family or friends and that everyone was going to forget me - he was looking at me with his mouth open. He stopped the car infront of the Sainz's family house and just took me in his arms. Thats when I realised I had started crying.

-I want you to forget everything that woman told you- he said without letting me go - She does not know shit. You are my family Oli, and Im not going to let anyone tell you otherwise, do you hear me?- I answered a quiet yes before drying my tears with the back of my hand- I said do you hear me?

-Yes i heard you silly - I chuckled.

-Good, dad is going to have a field day when we tell him what she told you- I groaned dreading the thought of having to explain why  I'm back to my family - Come on I will take your suitcase.

I waited for Carlos to come by the door when suddenly it flew open showing our mom behind it.

-My little girl you are back! What are you doing here?- She exclaimed as she embraced me - You didnt call. Ana showed me your post. We were dead worried about you, come inside- she rushed me to the kitchen were our dad , Ana and Blanca were waiting.

The rest of the night was spent eating the dinner mom had prepared and me trying to explain the las 10 months of my life. Dad started threatening to call his lawers on Lia when he heard what she did but I reasured him my lawyers were already on it and his wife calmed him down. When Carlos noticed I was getting tired of being the center of atention he started talking with his father about the next race changing the conversation topic.

-I'm glad you are back home- said Ana.

-We have really missed you- added Blanca.

-I'm glad to be back and i've missed you too.

That night was probably the best night of the year so far. There was nothing extraordinary about it just a family trying to enjoy the few moments they have together through the year. After missing so many birthdays and holidays I'm glad  i can at least spend tonight without worring about anything else.