20

Tomorrow was Charles' birthday. He's been feeling a little down this last couple of days and told me he didnt feel like organizing anything. So, with Carlos' help, I might have prepared a surprise for him. His birthday was a wednesday in a race week so we decided to celebrate it a day before so the drivers could come.

-So...I was thinking- I plopped down on the sofa next to him.

-Thats dangerous- he joked. I hit his arm playfuly.

-Do you trust me?- he looked at me confused not knowing if I was serious or not.

-With my life- he said seriously- but please don't make me try again to buy some tickets in ticketmaster. I have never been so nervous in my life, and I am a Formula 1 driver.

-Please remind me to make Lewis buy tickets for my next tour. It would be histerical- Imagining the british driver struggling with something as mundane as that would be the peak of my month- But thats not where I was going- I take his hand making him puppy eyes- We are going out this afternoon so be prepared.

-Out? Where are we going?- he did not seem convinced- Liv I dont know if...- I interrupt him before he could continue.

- Amor, we havent gone out in forever- he looked guilty at this- you know I love being here with you- I cup his cheek- but it will do us good to spend some time out of the house, I promise you'll have a good time.

-You are not going to tell me what we will be doing are you?- I shake my head- Fine, just tell me what to wear and when to be ready- he reductanly agreed. I couldnt help but to cheer on that.

-You are going to have the time of your live, you'll see- I hug him thightly and leaving a kiss on his lips- I love you- I went to the other room leaving behind a very confused Charles so I could call Carlos and tell him the plan was going ahead.

@ oliviamartin has posted a story

@ carlossainz55 has replied to your story

Yes you will

🙄

I was just being honest 🤷🏽
___________________________________________

We would not dress very formal since we would not go anywhere really fancy. I also didn't want Charles to suspect anything unusual since our dates were usually on really lowkey places.

As for his physical condition, he had been improving a lot. It had been a month since the accident and he practically no longer needed the crutches. Only in specific situations in which he was very tired did he take advantage of the help of one. Obviously nothing is like before yet but to see him challenge himself everyday makes me really hopeful.

- Chèrie!- Charles entered the room happyly- Come on, you've been fixing yourself forever.

-I see you are excited, what have you done with my boyfriend who didn't want to leave the house?- he wasnt even wearing his shirt yet. I close the distance between us and put my arms around his middle- You aren't even ready yet- doing so my hands brush lightly the scar on his back and that made him flinch. I remove my hands immediately taking a step back - I'm sorry, I didnt remember- Watching him walk without assistance and practically without pain throughout the day often makes me forget that he had the accident. If it weren't for the big scar on his lower back or the painful nights that happen after a particularly hard workout you'd think it never happened.