25

The release of the album was a total success. It managed to reach number 1 in dozens of countries and a great support in social media. And even though the goal is to make music with which I am satisfied, receiving the support of people helps.

We were now less than a week away from february and after a couple of weeks of promo for the album we went to Italy so that Charles could get ready to get back in the car. Because, he was getting back in the car. The doctor gave him the green light as well as Andrea so everything else was now up to him.

It was one of the last days that the team was going to spend at the factory since the season tests would soon begin. The development of the car was already done and most of the work that remained was just meetings with the management team.

Today I have come with Charles so that I can also say goodbye to the people we have met these weeks. Everyone has been super patient with Charles and you can see that they really love their job. After saying goodbye to a couple of engineers I looked out for Charles in the factory. I asked a couple of people at the reception and they kindly told me where he was.

- Honestly Charles we're doing you a great favour here- I stop in my tracks, was that Mattia?- We could just have given your seat for Mick but we waited- was he for real right now? I look into the corridor were they were talking and saw Charles there, We exchanged a glance and I could see how he was holding back from answering- I'm sure you could have gotten back in the car much sooner, but after all you're just a scared kid aren't you?- I couldnt take it anymore, I stomped to give him a piece of my mind but before I could reach them Charles got to me first and stopped me.

-I've got it, dont worry- he told me, I dont know how he could stay so calm right now. He took one of my hands and gave it a little squeeze before turning around and returning to Mattia.- I'm not going to put myself at your level but I just want one thing to be clear to you.- he crossed his arms on his chest- For you to know that I have returned only because of a promise that I made to my father, otherwise I would have left the team at the moment in which You made me decide between my health and keeping my position. I plan to win the championship but let's be clear, I'm not going to stay at Ferrari after that if you stay here. I received offers from other teams over the winter and I won't hesitate to accept them if the team puts you before me. See you in Barcelona, ​​have a good day.- he turned around not giving him a chance to answer and took me with him.

Why did that turn me on?

__________________________________________

Charles was unleashed, he had a goal and he was not going to let anything or anyone stop him. The tests were fantastic, not only was it possible to see the full potential of the new car, which was even better than the one from the previous year, but it was as if Charles have never stopped driving.

The tests ended just as quickly as they started and with it the anxiety that seeing him in the car gave me. At first it made me nervous to think that the accident would make him drive differently, that it would make him commit more errors. But looking at him now it's as if these months have made him improve even without touching the car, as if all he needed was a change of mentality.

- Babe, When was the race weekend again?- I asked him to try and organize my schedule.

-The weekend of the 18th I believe- he said, shit thats what I've been fearing.

-Its the same weekend as the Grammys- it was my first time being nominated but I also wanted to be there for him- Well I guess I could fly last minute to LA to see the quali- I starting pacing trying to put together a plan to be at both places even if it seemed imposible- And then I could stay only for the part of the ceremony where I'm nominated and fly as soon as I can that way I might see some of the race.