7

We ended up staying until the sun had completely set till we decided to pick up everything. When I check my phone I see a couple of messages from my mom who was wondering if Charles would like to stay for dinner. He was excited about the idea and I didnt want to say goodbye to him so early in the day so I told her we were on our way.

-Give me the keys, I'm driving- I told him extending my hand so he could place the keys.

-Are you sure about it? I only took that beer like three hours ago I can drive- he told me crossing his arm. I had already checked what they say about drivers hating not being behind the wheel with my father and Carlos but I wanted to check with him too.

-Dont worry Charlie I know what Im doing- I say as I take the keys. Charles had rented a Porche and I've been dying to ride it. He enters the car not being so sure about this arrangement. I start the car and I push the pedal giving him a scare.

-Why do you go so fast?!- he screams while taking the handle by the door- Do you have a death wish woman?- he doesnt know that i've been driving since I have knowledge and I know this roads like the palm of my hand but I decide to slow down before I give him a heart attack. He cant have a second date with me if he doesnt survive the first one after all.

-Dont you drive at 300km/h for a living?- I tease him.

-Yeah but its diferent when you are not behind the wheel- he confesses, he's still holding the door handle as if his life depended on it.

-Dont sweat it I did the same for my dad and Carlos once and they reacted the same way. It must be a drivers thing- I told him.

After promising Charles I wouldnt bring this up in the dinner we finally got to my parent's house.

-I dont think Im dressed up for this situation- he said looking worried.

-Oh so that outfit is alright for a date with me but its not good enough for a dinner with my family?- I joked- Good to know your priorities here Charlie- When I see he doesnt laugh at this I look at him and see his anxious expresion.-Hey you dont have anything to worry about- I take his hand in mine drawing circles in the back of it with my thumb- You have already met them and they like you, you dont have anything to worry about- I comb his hair with my fingers trying to settle a wild curl- Besides, Im the last of them you've met and I already thing you are amazing.- I give him a little peck in the lips and unbuckle myself. When I look to the house again I see Carlos is already outside leaning on the porch waiting for us- Ready?

Charles POV

We got to the front door and there was Carlos waiting for us.

- Go inside I will talk to you later- he told his sister with a serious tone.

- No Im not leaving him for you to give him the talk, grow up Carlos- she said crossing her arms. I give her a little squeze in the hip while giving her a gesture to go without me- Are you sure?- she questioned before I give her a nod in answer. She looked at him with narrowed eyes before adding something in spanish that I couldnt quite comprehend- Como le espantes le digo a papá y a mamá que tu eras el que les cambiabas el alcohol con agua cuando estabas en el instituto.

And with that she left us there. I turned to look at Carlos who was watching me with narrowed eyes while leading on the door frame.

-In my defence I will say I thought she had told you we were going out- I said while shrugging my shoulders.- Besides, we are all adults here Carlos I think we can skip the talk- he looked at me with a look I couldnt quite get but it was quicky replaced with a smirk.

-Im only messing with you cabrón- he said while giving me a side hug and leading me into the house- Couldn't stop whatever this is even if I wanted to, she's too stubborn to stop her from doing something she wants. Just be gentle with her. She might seem strong and like she doesnt care but she has gone through a lot. Its not my place to tell you but dont get her hopes up if you are not serious about her- I decide not to dig on that as we were already entering the dinning room.

I've never been good at meeting someone elses family but just like Olivia they make the effort to include me in the conversations and make me feel included.

-So Charles how many days are you staying here?- Reyes asked me with a motherly tone.

-Im actually returning tomorrow to monaco to prepare for the race week- Olivia looks at me weirdly and I realised we havent really talked about how long I was staying- this city is beautiful but I actually are excited to go back to training- Olivia leaves the fork in the table and stares at her food.

-I...need to use the restroom- she quickly stoods up and left the room going upstairs.

Carlos crosses his arms staring at me shaking his head disapprovingly. He makes a gesture for me to follow her and I decide to trust him in this following Olivia out of the room.

-Liv hold up- I told her while I rush through the hallway. She looks upset and tries to avoid my gaze- Are you alright? What is happening? I thought it was going fine.

-Its stupid Charles dont worry go back to enjoy your dinner- she avoided my gaze by looking at her shoes.

- It's stupid don't worry. I just thought you were staying longer, that we could have a little more time, that's it-she gave me a smile that didnt quite get to her yes- Like obviously I knew you were going back you have a busy life I get it dont worry, I knew you wouldnt want to see me again it's just...- she tried to downplay it.

-Hey hey stop for a minute who says I dont want to see you again- I put my arms around her middle bringing her closer to me- Of course I want to see you again babe I was going to ask you to come to the next GP with me- she hides her head in the crook of my neck.

-I would love to go to the GP with you- she said- I just dont deal well with people leaving without notice and you caught me off guard- she gives the side of my head a light kiss.- I will try my best not to overreact in the future I promise.

The rest of the night goes without any issue and when I wanted to realize it was time for me to go.

- Hey, its alright, I will see you in less than a week- I tell her trying to lighten the mood. We both need to do things outside from this bubble we had created this couple of days and I think this days apart will help me arrange my thoughts. I give her a light kiss and promise her I will call her when I get to monaco.

When I enter the car I realised I had received a message. My first thought was that it was a message from Olivia telling me I had forgoten something inside but it was actually one from Carlos.

Message from Carlos🇪🇦🏎️

Disgusting🤮

Let me know when you arrive to Hungary so we can plan something together