22

@ oliviamartin has posted a story

We dressed head to toes in Ferrari gear to support the team

We dressed head to toes in Ferrari gear to support the team. While the Drivers Championship had already been resolved, the constructors one was still going, as well as the second place on the championship and we were hoping that Carlos could win it.

I drove us to the circuit where we had decided to meet Carlos and Isa, since they were the only who knew we were there. With our passes around our necks we got out of the car on our way to the paddock entrance. when we crossed the turnstiles all the press that was there stopped everything they were doing. Charles had not made appearances after his accident and except for sporadic encounters with paparazzi close to home, no media had been able to get anything from him. Nobody expected to see him, much less in these circumstances.

They quickly reacted, the photographers started taking photos, ignoring the pilots who had passed before us and the journalists bombarded him with questions.

-Charles! Is it true Ferrari has taken your seat away?

-Will we see you race next year?

-Charles! Are you retiring?

-Is it true that you lost your memory after your accident?

I see how he tenses next to me and I take his hand to try to calm him down. We both went through the tide of journalists trying to ignore their questions. Andrea, Fernando's girlfriend saw us and quickly came to our side.

-Follow me, here we can mislead them.- she said while getting on Charles' other side and lead us through a shortcut without so much press.

Charles didnt even aknowledge her presence, he was squeezing my hand quite hard without realizing it so I brought it closer to my lips to kiss it and ground him. When he realized what he had done he mumbled an apology but I told him it didn't matter. My only goal right now was to get him to a safe place where he wouldn't be bombarded with questions at every step he took.

While we were passing Alpine's motorhome a worried looking Alonso saw us and and came closer to see what was happening.

- ¿Se encuentra bien?- (is he okay?)- he said after seeing how pale Charles have gotten.

- I need to get him to Carlos' driver room, I think he will be alright once we're somewhere private again.

With Fernando's help pushing aside all those who dared to approach Charles and Andrea helping me guide him, we arrived to Ferrari's  hospitality. We passed many Ferrari employees on the way to Carlos's room but thankfuly none of them dared to say anything. We left the journalists behind, which made me noticeably calm down as well.

Once we got to the door of the room, Charles was already leaning on me to walk. I knew that this had been very hard on him both psychologically and physically. Now I am grateful for not coming the days before to the circuit, Charles could not have endured three days of this in a row and, honestly, neither did I.

- Thank you both for this, really- I told them.

- Call me If you need help getting you both out, I will make sure to bring Lewis or someone to bribe them with something- the driver said trying to lighten the mood.

Once inside, Charles plopped down on the sofa, visibly frustrated.

- I will come in a bit, tell me if he needs anything- my brother told me before giving me a kiss on the forehead and leaving the room.

Charles was sitting with his palms pressed against his eyes. It was obvious that he was trying not to panic But it seemed like it wasn't working. I got down in front of him And I withdrew his hands to prevent him from hurting himself instead I took his hands between mine and kissed his forehead.

- Its over, you are safe now- I reassured him- We wont have to go out there if you dont want I'm proud of you for even coming- he shook his head at this.

-I will go out I just need...I think I just need a moment, to get back together. I didn't expect it, I don't know why I thought we wouldn't catch attention that... I'll be fine, I just need a second - He stroked my cheek and helped me up again, pulling me closer so I could sit on his lap.- Maybe we could go out once the race starts, everyone will be too busy to notice us.

And that's what we did, once in the garage we stayed in a corner, Caco gave us some headsets so we could listen to the radios and we tried to enjoy the rest of the race. Max won, as he has been doing all season but thanks to Carlos' P2 he managed go also get the P2 on the Championship. The whole team was extremely excited and went out to the wall to celebrate. After the podium ceremony and the interviews, the whole team was preparing to take an end-of-season photo.

-You should go with them- I could see how Charles was looking at them. Wondering what could have been- You are a part of that team just as any one of them, you deserve at least this.

At first he was not very convinced but he decided to jog towards the team.  When Carlos saw him he began to gesture at him like a mad man so he could get beside him in the photo. Maybe this wasn't the season finale he thought he was going to have, maybe this year is one he'd rather forget, but this was his family, and I'm sure he'll fight tooth and nail to be able to be back with them as soon as possible.
__________________________________________

Really short chapter today but I will update something longer tomorrow🥰.