26

Surpriseee double update todaaaay🥰

The season was looking amazing for Ferrari with a 1-2 in the Championship just before the summer, Verstappen was behind Carlos, the three of them were very close on points but the team was optimistic. I really wanted the summer break to arrive, not only my anniversary with Charles was getting closer, but Carlos and Isa had decided to get married as soon as possible by celebrating a small wedding in Spain over the summer.

Charles, Lando and Caco were Carlos' best men while I and two of Isa's childhood friends were her bridesmaids. There were barely 100 guests, the close family of the two and their closest friends. It was a beautiful ceremony, they had chosen a venue in the mountains where we could avoid the heat of August while being surrounded by nature. Not a single eye was dry after both of their vows were exchanged. And I couldnt avoid stealing a glance or two towards Charles who seemed as if he couldnt take my eyes off me too.

After the ceremony Carlos casualy dropped that I had to give a speech with Lando. He was going to pay for that since he had not even prepared me in advance but I let it go for now since it was his wedding after all.

Once everyone was finishing their foor I stood up with my champagne gass on one hand and a fork to make some noise on the other. Lando also stood up with me to give his part of the speech. He has also not prepared anything, this was going to be interesting.

- Hello everyone!- I say trying to shush everyone - If you dont know who I am, I'm Olivia, the grooms sister and this brit here is Lando, there is no word to describe who he is to my brother but I like to call them platonic soulmates- the couple laugh at that so I keep going- Not everyone might know but I havent known Carlos for my whole life- during the last year I've managed to be more open about my past and my childhood and even if most of the people here today were close to me too not everyone here knows that I was adopted. But I didnt want to be the center of attention today.

- But ever since then he has been my best friend. We often talked about soulmates since we were little, to me as a little girl it was always like a fairytale, something imposible to reach- I now looked especificaly to my now sister in law- Until Isa came to my brother's life- Isa rest her head on Carlos's shoulder giving me a warm smile- from the moment you entered Carlos life I could see you were it for him, I can see how you have changed his life and I couldnt be happier for both of you- Isa has started crying but a smile remained on her face, Carlos pretends to be strong but I can see how his eyes get wet too- You have served me as an example of how a relationship should be, I have never seen a partner better suited for each other, Isa, I've always have considered you my family but I'm glad we can finally made it official.

I raise my glass for a toast- To the happy couple!- I hadnt realised I've been crying too until charles dried a tear from my cheek when I finally sat down. Thankfully Lando gave the touch of humor to the night with his speech.

- I thought you were going to joke in the speech- my brother approached me when he had finished making his rounds, thanking everyone who came, the party was about to start.

- You know that was Lando's job, mine was to make everyone cry- I joked with him.

- Thanks for what you said by the way, I cant wait to give my speech on your wedding to get my revenge- He tried to mess up my hair but I grabbed his hand looking at him threateningly, I wasn't going to let him destroy all the work I had put that morning in my hair.

- I'm not even engaged, and who told you you are going to be in charge of the speech? I might not choose you- he raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms.

-And who will give it? Ana and Blanca? They wont be able to say a word at your wedding without crying, it will be eternal- I rolled my eyes at that, of course it would be him but I wont give him that satisfaction now- I need to find Isa to do our first dance, I will se you later- He said goodbye to me with a hug and a kiss on the head, going to look for his wife.