19

Charles was transferred to a hospital in Monaco for the next two weeks of his recovery. This weeks have been hard on everyone but Charles seemed like he didnt accept the news. He has been really positive about everything, already talking about his plans for next season with all the drivers who come visit him. I dont know how to aproach this because even if I want him to keep optimistic, he seems as if he's avoiding wrapping his head about everything. Like he is hoping everything to just solve itself from one day to another.

He does not want to know anything about physiotherapy or treatments, ignoring any mention of the injury whenever enyone touches the subject. Pitting on a happy face and changing the subject.

He was going to need to be taken care once he is sent home, especially the first few weeks so I volunteered to stay with him since his brothers couldnt do their jobs from home and I didnt want his mother to do all that job. After all, I could write and record anywhere, and to be honest, I didn't feel entirely comfortable leaving him here and going to a different country without him.

- Liv, can we talk?- he asked me one morning while I was reading a book on his bedside.

-Of course Charlie, what is it?- I put the bookmark and close the book.

-Can we like...not go live at my place here?- he was playing with his hands avoiding looking at me- I dont really want to go there right now you know... It has all my trophies, and the simulator is there and...I just think I need a change of scenery.

- Cariño...- It was the first time after he received the news that I've seen him this vulnerable- Of course, we cant go wherever you want it will be your choice, you know I can work anywhere.

Thats how we have moved to my flat in Madrid. It might not be amazing but it was enough for two people, it was enough for us. Charles was making a lot of progress, he still needed crutches to walk and he couldn't walk for  long distances but he was doing his best every day.

It seems that once he found himself outside the hospital reality hit him. The first days were hard but little by little he has been improving. He began to take recovery seriously and to speak more openly about how he felt.

Charles POV

My seat in Ferrari was given to Mick Schumacher and since I couldnt compete anymore and the rest were much further back, Max was given the Championship title. Seeing myself at home the first race weekend after the accident was what gave me a reality check. I couldnt finish watching the race, Max won, I didnt care anymore.

I was exhausted after the rehabilitation session with my new physio. It was frustrating to see how no matter how much I tried to improve my body refused to do so. Olivia has tagged me in a post so I decided to see it. Honestly, I haven't been strong enough to go online lately, their pity tired me, but I think it's time to go back.

@ oliviamartin: you are the strongest person I know

Tagged @ charlesleclerc
_________________________________________