17. Day Off, Shopping

"Er…excuse me, Miss Blizzard, but are you ever going to wake up?"

Upon hearing this, Fubuki slowly opened her eyes to find sunlight falling on her face. She drowsily squinted as she tried to sit up. "Huh?" she asked.

"I asked if you're ever going to wake up. You've been sleeping here all morning…"

As she listened, Fubuki started to become aware of her surroundings. Apparently, she was still inside of Bang's Dojo from the night before. She was currently sitting on a bench with a blanket on top of her. The bright sunlight that she felt was streaming through the windows along the wall. And of course, Bang was standing right in front of her, staring her down.

"I fell asleep here?" Fubuki asked him as she glanced around the room.

"So it would seem," he replied calmly.

"Where's Spider-man?" she asked curiously.

"He left last night after you two finished training."

"Oh," said Fubuki, sounding a little dismayed. "Well, I guess he had no reason to stay if we were done…"

"I guess not," Bang agreed, "But you should relax for the rest of the day off. Your body and mind may be sore."

Fubuki could only raise an eyebrow as she stared at the old man, true her body was very sore, he was good at reading people. "Uh, is there something I can do for you?"

Bang simply maintained his calm composure as he addressed her. "Well, funny you should ask that," he began. "You see, you've been sleeping here all night and, well…"

"Yeah?" Fubuki asked, edging him on.

"It's just…I know that I said that the two of you could train here, but if you're just going to loiter around the whole time, I'd rather you did it somewhere else..."

Fubuki just carelessly yawned as she listened. "Not to be rude or but man, have you always been such a picky, grumpy old man?"

"I'm sorry," Bang said plainly, "but I'm afraid that I'm way past the age where I can allow beautiful young women to casually sleep in my home."

Fubuki gave the man a thoughtful grin as she stood up. "Hmph, I think I'll take that as a compliment. But I understand; I've overstayed my welcome. I'll go ahead and take my leave now. I'll be sure to come back tomorrow afternoon."

"Thank you," said Bang with a sigh. "And the next time you decide to fall asleep in here, just tell Spider-man to take you home with him, would you?"

Fubuki immediately blushed upon hearing this. "Take me home with him!?" she repeated. "W-what the hell is that supposed to mean!?"

Bang just gave her a weird look. "That you can loiter around in his home instead of mine. Why is your face so red all of a sudden?"

"What!?" Fubuki screamed, growing more flustered. "N-no reason! I'm going!"

"Very well then," mumbled Bang as he watched the esper leave.

Fubuki was in her own thoughts as she walked down the steps, right now her stomach growls begging for something to eat.

'Guess I should head to the store and catch good deals. Man I'm starting to sound like Saitama.'