30. One Thing After Another

The next day Fubuki was silently waiting on a street corner by herself. After a moment, she looked up when somebody approached her. "Ah, you made it."

"That's right," said Spider-man, walking up to her. "Mind telling me what we're doing out here?"

Upon hearing this, Fubuki smiled at him. "I'm going to make it up to you for that injury I gave you."

"Oh, you were still planning on doing that?" asked Spider-man, surprised.

"Of course," she replied. "I said that I wanted to, didn't I?"

Spider-man gave her a confused frown. "Yeah, I guess…"

"Well, now's the time. Today, I'm going to make it up to you."

"Uh, okay," said Spider-man uncertainty. "And how were you planning to do that, exactly?"

Fubuki smirked at his confusion. "Haven't you noticed where we are yet?"

Spider-man looked around before shrugging at her. He didn't understand what she was getting at.

"Look down that way," said Fubuki, pointing around the corner she was standing on.

Spider-man peered around the corner, and his eyes widened in surprise. "The supermarket?"

"That's right," Fubuki confirmed, Fubuki just smiled at him again. "Today, I'm going to buy you whatever you want."

Spider-man whipped around to face her with wide eyes. "Eh!? Seriously!?"

Fubuki nodded. "Mm-hmm."

Spider-man couldn't believe what he was hearing. "Whatever I want!? But…but why!?"

Fubuki sighed. "I've already explained this. It's so I can make things up to you."

"Paying for my groceries…" Spider-man mumbled. "Th-that's so generous! Are you sure-"

"Don't even ask, besides last we went, you also paid for mine." Fubuki stopped him quickly. "Yes, I'm sure I want to do this. It's honestly no trouble. I can easily afford to pay for whatever you want to buy here. I've been noticing that I've been getting more allowance for my hero work with helping out the little people…which was before I, you know."

Spider-man just stood there in stunned silence. He had no idea what to say. But now, on this glorious day, Fubuki was offering to buy his food for him! In his eyes, it was almost unbelievable!

"Th-thank you, Fubuki," he managed to stutter.

Fubuki gave a small giggle at his behavior. "Of course. You deserve it."

"Y-yeah…"

Fubuki stared at the stunned hero for another moment before she had to snap him out of it. "Well?" she asked. "Are we going to go shopping or what?"

Her sharp tone quickly brought Spider-man back to his senses. "Yeah, let's go!" He then excitedly went off down the street, while Fubuki followed behind.

For the next hour, the two of them went from stall to stall, buying anything that caught the hero's fancy. Before long, they had amassed several bags of groceries. As promised, Fubuki paid for all of it, which Spider-man happily allowed her to. He didn't really mind too much, as he liked to accept free opportunities when they arose. At the very least, he knew that she wouldn't have it any other way.

People were starting to stare at the duo, they were curious as to why Spider-man was hanging out with Hellish Blizzard despite what happened on the news. Maybe it was more than that, after Spider-man is a good hero who saw the good in people who were too far gone. Maybe Spider-man was about to help out Fubuki in the end before she was gonna go down a dark path.