45. A More Greater Threat

Within the dark skies, something lands behind Fubuki and Spider-man, both of them look back to see who their opponent is. It was tough to be able to get a clear view until their eyes slightly widened in surprise.

It was Garou back again in his first Monster form but it was slightly different when they first saw it. The new appearance was a void of stars and galaxies.

"Garou, is that you?" Spider-man with a slightly worried tone

"Something isn't right? Did he transform again when we struck him?"

"I don't think so, this isn't a monster form. If he wanted to transform he would've started over from scratch like the other transformations. His aura is different. It screams nothing but…cosmic energy."

"Something that can counter the 'Fist That Has Turned Against God' I guess that'd be the 'Fist of God'." Garou replies as his voice was giving out a slight echo.

Soon enough Garou takes a fighting stance with his new form called Awakened Garou: Cosmic Fear Mode, readying for another round against the two heroes.

"All life eradication fist nuclear fission!"

Spider-man manages to avoid the fist in time, Fubuki does a backwards roundhouse kick but Garou catches it with his other hand.

Three of them disappeared in the blink of an eye, a series of 5 nuclear blast surround the battlefield, the smoke starts to clear as Fubuki and Spider-man are shown that they were unscathed at the moment as Garou remained hovering in the air just like them, "Yes, I feel like I can do anything now! In Martial Arts, there are secret techniques called 'Shekki' that barrow the power of nature by intimidating the movement of living things. Though for short I call them 'Modes' which sound cooler. For example, how's this one?" 

Mode: Spider-man

Garou's face shifted to Spider-man's, making the Spider-themed hero's eyes widen as he felt a hand grasping his neck as both were flying back with a sonic boom, Fubuki didn't notice until Spider-man vanished from sight, "Web-head!"

Both opponents engage in a series of clashes as their fists connecting in sync, letting out a kick to the face at the last moment which sends each other flying the opposite direction, 'He knows every single one of my unpredictable moves!?' Spider-man's back clashed against the rocks, he hissed in pain, lifting his mask up to feel his nose bleeding which made him gasp in shock. Since Garou is now in a full cosmic form his attack was on par with his own when he's at full power in his cosmic form but the thing is, he's only using half of his cosmic form since Fubuki has the other half, 'Need to get to Fubuki as fast as possible!'

Spider-man jumps up with a sonic boom, he hovered in the air searching for Fubuki, 'Damn how far did this guy fly me?' Spider-man's looks in front of him to find Garou hover in the air as well a few yards away from him.

"Hahahaha! Is this the first time someone has matched you in an exchange of blows!? You seem lost for words?! We may be evenly matched now but the techniques that I copy are honed to perfection at blazing speed. Soon, you and Fubuki won't be able to catch up to the copy."

"Garou this isn't what Tareo would've wanted at all! Fubuki and I promised that we wouldn't kill you!"

"HAHAHA! Here I am standing on the horizon of power as you yet you're still concerned about that brat. That reminds me, I said I would show that brat how powerless heroes are, didn't I…" Garou forms an energy sphere around his body as he is charging up an unknown attack.

Spider-man braced himself, "ALL LIFE ERADICATION GAMMA RAY BURST!"

The white beam shoots at great speed towards Spider-man but is pushed out of the way as he sees Fubuki take the blast head on sending her flying at high speeds as a bright light shines over everything around the area. Blinding everything in its path.

~~~

The heroes cover their eyes from the bright light, all of them were unaware of where the light was coming from in the first place.

"Ugh! What is that bright light?!"

"It's even brighter than day time!"

"Could this be someone's special move too?!"

'It's so bright that it's making my head spin!"

Garou lands on top of a hill in front of every hero that was present in the ruins of City-Z. The remaining heroes immediately realize that the man standing before them was the source of the massive explosions just moments before. Only the S-Class heroes remain on the spot while the lower ranked heroes begin to run away in terror.

'Have I finally become what I've always dreamt of? The symbol that strikes fear in the hearts of heroes?' After a few seconds of realizing that he had become the symbol of being "Absolute Evil", he gazes up at the sky, 'Thank you.'

Bang, being one of the heroes who chose to stay rather than run away, confronts Garou, "Garou? Is that you?"

Garou fixed his gaze at his former master, "Old man…You're still breathing huh."

"That form, what happened to you? Even though I felt a response that you've come back to your senses, back then… I heard you say "Thank you". Did a monster do this to you?"

"Not really. I had always had my senses. Old man, you once taught me something. To feel the flow of energy and become one with that flow. Is that the power of the water stream you said? I've become one with that flow and succeeded in controlling it. I'm truly grateful. I managed to not turn into that weird thing's puppet. And that's why…from here on out. What I do is of my own free will."

"G-Garou. What are you going to do?"

'You're the coolest, greatest hero of them all' Garou recalls the voice of Tareo, since he was now the very thing he desperately wanted to be, he would have to cut all ties with those to him, 'Sorry Tareo. This is goodbye.' Garou steps forward down the hill as the low rank heroes back away in fear as an ominous aura surrounds him, "It's time to conduct evil."

"