31. Spider-man fights Sonic...Again

An extremely awkward silence seemed to fall over the room. Amongst her embarrassment, Fubuki began to wonder how such a thing as awkwardness even managed to make an appearance in a hostage situation. Meanwhile, Sonic and Spider-man just glanced at each other with both curious and confused looks.

"Um," said Spider-man slowly, "What did you just say, Sonic?"

Sonic just clenched his teeth in frustration. "What are you, deaf!? I just told you that I have your girlfriend's life in my hands!"

Spider-man simply stared at Fubuki for a second before all of the dots started to connect in his head. Fubuki just stared back at him with wide eyes. She couldn't help but wonder what his reaction to that ridiculous notion would be. It made her extremely nervous, to say the least.

Meanwhile, Sonic noticed Spider-man's hesitation, and decided to pounce on it. "Don't even try to deny it!" he shouted. "I can already see for myself that you two are in a relationship! You can't even try to convince me otherwise! I already know the truth."

Spider-man glanced back at Sonic, and this time gave him a look of surprise. "So you think that…Fubuki is my girlfriend?"

"Of course!" Sonic replied.

Spider-man paused for a second, then lightly smiled, as if in a daze.

"Okay…"

Fubuki froze as these words hit her ears. Okay!? she screamed in her mind. What the hell does that mean!?

As if on cue, Spider-man's dazed smile under the mask suddenly turned into a grin, and he looked at Sonic with a determined expression with his eyes alone. "It seems you actually figured it out, Sonic. I should have known that you would be too smart to be deceived by my simple attempts to make you let Fubuki go."

Sonic greatly smiled at this. "Aha! So you finally admit it! I knew that this woman had to be your girlfriend!"

Spider-man slowly nodded. "Yup, that's right. The only reason I came here was so that I could save her from you. And now, it looks like I have no choice but to give in to your request."

Fubuki could only stare at Spider-man with a look of complete confusion. 'What is he talking about? Why is he saying that I'm his girlfriend!? That's not true, right!? But if that's the case, then why does it seem like…'

Fubuki paused again. 'Is he…playing along?'

"If I agree to fight you, will you promise to let Fubuki go?" Spider-man soon asked the ninja across from him.

Sonic simply smirked at this. "I promise."

"Very well then," said Spider-man with a small sigh of relief. "We have a deal. Now let her go. So that way we can fight."

"Fine," said Sonic as he swiftly swiped his blade away from Fubuki's throat. He then cut the bindings on her hands before softly pushing her forward. "She's all yours."

Fubuki stumbled a little bit as she was pushed but quickly recovered. She then looked up to find Spider-man staring at her. She honestly had no idea what to say to him. How was she supposed to react in this kind of situation? Then, to her horror, Spider-man approached her with slightly outstretched arms and gently held her.

"Are you okay?" Fubuki could actually here genuine concern in his voice.

As she stared back at him, she realized that he expected a response, and quickly blushed at the thought of it. Nevertheless, she managed to stutter something as she looked away.

"Yeah. I-I'm fine."

Spider-man replied. "G-good…"

Fubuki then paused as she curiously stared at the Spider. To her surprise, she noticed that he was cautiously looking away from her, and was even shaking a little bit. In addition to this, it looked like he was starting to sweat.