37. Crazy day

The Hero Hunter was lying unconscious in a dark and damp, stone cell. Garou was laid out on a poorly maintained bed, similar to those used in prisons, and was dressed only in his damaged pants. The only other thing to decorate this cell was a small stone table next to the bed's head.

Suddenly, Garou's eyes shot open on his bandage-covered face as he thought in a slight panic, 'Augh! My body feels like shit! What the Hell happened!? Where am I?! I- Wait... I was fighting all those Heroes... The old fart.... After that, the phoenix asshole interrupted and kidnapped me.'

Sitting up, Garou winced and asked himself, 'Why the fuck am I in so much pain?! I thought I was healing faster now or something. Shit! My throat's dry as a rock, and my stomach feels like it's eating itself! I need to get some water and eat something.'

Climbing out of the unkempt bed, Garou noticed the table next to him. On it, there was a note that he swiftly picked up and read the contents of.

"Hero Hunter, you are in the Monster Association headquarters. You're safe here. You can rest here for as long as you need, but please come talk to our leadership as soon as possible."

The very instant he finished reading this, Garou tore the paper apart. He then looked around the room in hopes of finding some new clothes to replace his missing and tattered ones but only found a pair of pants and shoes. Annoyed, he quickly got changed before walking to his cell door and kicking it down.

Walking out of the cell, Garou examined his surroundings and saw that he was in a gray and black stone hallway. While making his way through this structure, Garou found himself reaching one turn in the halls after another. Just as the Hero Hunter began to wonder if these halls had no end, he heard desperate screams that sounded like they were not much further away.

Following the noise, Garou quickly came upon the open entrance to a room. Peaking around the corner, the Human Monster saw a group of Humans in mechanical suits of white and black armor. There were five men and two women, all seven of whom were on their knees, crying like children and begging for their lives.

The circular room itself had a ceiling nearly two-hundred feet off the ground. Lining the walls were podiums filled with hundreds of various hideous monsters who were all cackling, taunting, and threatening the Humans.

"Please don't eat us! Just let us go! We surrendered!" The largest of the Humans pleaded.

"Let me eat them!" "Tear them piece from piece!" "How about we cut them into even pieces and divide them equally among-?" "I want flesh! Give them to me!" The numerous monsters exclaimed.

While the monsters made their ruthlessness clear, the other armored individuals broke down, groveled on the floor, and screamed, "AAAAHH! WE DON'T WANT TO DIE! PLEASE NO!"

As Garou watched these people cower, he wondered, "Did these idiots try to attack the Monster Association? They don't look like Pro Heroes."

Even as these people threw away their pride and begged for mercy, another monster that was sitting by itself on the lowest podium to the ground asked, "You want us to spare you all? Yet you were the ones to invade our base and even killed two of our soldiers. You must know we can't just let you leave after that."

The monster that spoke was tall, fat, and had skin like white clay. In the center of its face was a single, veiny, large eye, yet there was a complete lack of a mouth underneath. It had clumsy-looking segmented arms, with two smaller ones where nipples would have normally been. Lining the monster's oval-shaped head was a ring of more of these same arms that seemed to be acting as antenna of sorts.

Despite not having any oral cavity to speak of, words still came from its head as if this were no issue at all, "Whoever hired you outfitted you all with some high-quality gear. The least you could do is put up a fight until the bitter end. Just about everyone here loves toying with prey that fights back."