41. A Hero or Monster? Part 1

As the hero Flashy Flash and the monster Platinum Sperm collided, Flashy Flash's kick blocked by Platinum Sperm's forearm and Platinum Sperm's fist sailing past Flashy Flash's head, Garou lept high into the air. Garou slammed into the ground with as much force as he could muster, launching hundreds of bits of rubble into the sky. Flashy Flash was the first to take advantage of the new terrain, bounding higher to get a superior angle. Garou was hot in pursuit, and he could feel Platinum Sperm charging after him.

The three of them darted back and forth between debris faster than any human should be able to move. In just a few seconds, Garou covered more distance than a race car could travel in an hour. Garou battled with Flashy Flash, the hero putting the pressure on with every attack. He jabbed at Garou's throat, launched spinning kicks intended to cleave his skull, punched at Garou's diaphragm, his attacks relentless and precise. Flashy Flash was an assassin, trained to kill.

But Garou had been trained to fight.

Garou deflected Flash's jabs, countered his kicks, and blocked his attacks. While Flashy Flash was undoubtedly skilled in the art of offense, his defense was painfully lacking. He relied too heavily on his speed to win him any battle, and that's what would cost him this fight. He was used to winning his battles with a single attack. He was not prepared for drawn out battles against opponents with superior abilities.

Garou had been punching up his whole life. Man did it feel good to give it back to the self righteous assholes who wouldn't hesitate to punch down on him.

Flashy Flash lunged at him, and Garou deflected his desperate kick. A silver appendage wrapped around Flash's throat, and tossed him away. Garou lunged at Platinum Sperm, striking him with an open palm that sent him flying through the debris. Platinum Sperm snarled at him, whipping the appendage on his head out at him. Garou grabbed it as he jumped towards the monster, spinning Platinum Sperm around and throwing him at a large rock. Platinum Sperm landed against it with an oomph before Garou landed on him with a punch to the face that shattered the rock and sent the monster flying.

Garou instinctively dodged, the tips of Flashy Flash's fingers just barely brushing against the side of his head. There was a pressure on his back as Flashy Flash landed on his spine, and pushed off him. Garou was sent tumbling, but he came back an instant later. Flashy Flash whirled in the air, his heel aimed at Garou's skull. Garou deflected his erratic kick and lashed out with a punch. Flashy Flash managed to catch it on his forearm, but couldn't block Garou's kick to the side of his ribs. Flashy Flash went flying, his trajectory redirected when Platinum Sperm punched him.

"Garou!" Platinum Sperm shouted. "Flashy Flash is weakened due to losing his main weapon. The smart play would be to concentrate our joint attacks on him and finish him off. Then we can move on to our one on one battle. Whaddya say?"

"Ganging up on him, eh?" Garou said. "Got it."

Garou landed a powerful blow to the side of Platinum Sperm's head. "Like I'd ever take orders from you, you fucking halfwitted henchman!"

Platinum Sperm howled at him, as Flashy Flash pounced on him, landing powerful blows to his face again and again. Platinum Sperm defended himself, using the appendage on his head to create defensive rings in front of his body. Garou followed the pair, jumping from rock to rock as hero and monster clashed ahead of him.

Garou could feel it. It was almost in his grasp. The ultimate technique he had been searching for. Not the Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist or the Whirlwind Iron Cutting Fist. Not the Exploding Heart Release Fist or the Tiger Fanf True Fist. Not the Purgatory Abyss Fist, the Lake Breaking Ice River Fist, or the Fool's Path Mountain Range Fist. Not the Ultimate Fist of the Yatagarasu. Not the Pressure point Killer Fist. Not the Poisonous Ogre Fist. Not the Lone Fist of Prosperity. Every battle he has fought has brought him closer to this. He'd absorbed all these into his own perfect technique. The perfect combination of offense and defense, of precision and power. The culmination of all his years as a martial artist. And since it was this technique that would elevate him to the Disaster Level "God" he would call it the Monster Calamity God Fist.