38. Mobilize

A blast of pure energy continued to smash its way through several floors in the monster association, threatening to vaporize anything that came in contact with it. Right below its mercy, Garou struggled to hold it back with his bare hands as his back continued to receive blow after blow, his figure becoming a living rag doll until the blast managed to dissipate.

As the tremors in the base managed to subside, layers of the monster association's floors lay in a heap on top of each other. Besides the destroyed stone floors, the only evidence of the previous blast was the massive hole that had been forced through hundreds of tunnels and rooms until an almost unseeable roof. At the very top of the unbelievable path of destruction, Overgrown Rover, a dragon threat monster stood as he analyzed what lay beneath him. The massive body of a dog with six bright red eyes, a thick black hide, and muscular limbs hinted at the overpowering strength that the beast possessed. Overgrown Rover leaped down several floors and paced around the giant hole he created as he tried to see movement in the heap of stone. Fully satisfied that he had killed the being that had dared strike it, he returned to the top as he searched for something else to entertain it.

Down below, several hundred floors underneath the retreating monster, Garou tried to push the giant stones off of him as he struggled to breathe. Blood ran down his now black, monsterized eye as his fingers dug into the floor beneath him.

"D-Dammit!" he thought as continued to push, his anger fueling his strength. Just moments ago he had managed to kill that damn clown calling himself Royal Ripper and saved the ugly kid that had been taken. And out of nowhere this stupid dog had appeared, destroyed the Demon level threats that had intercepted Garou, and managed to separate him from the boy as he buried him down with blast after blast of energy. "So that's a Dragon Level Threat," he thought. None of the blows he had delivered on the monster had done any damage, it was still something he had found hard to believe.

"I have to back up there!" he growled as he finally began to stand up, the stone on top of him sliding off.

"As I thought, you have completely lived up to my expectations. So you're the unknown intruder hmmm?" a voice said in his mind, causing him to pause as he tried to find the source of it. "I am very pleased," the voice hummed as the stone on top of him began to rise.

"The ability to move objects from a distance... Is this psychokinesis?" Garou thought as he managed to regain his footing. In front of him, a fat sort of blob looking thing with appendages all around its body sat on a throne looking thing. It was Gyoro Gyoro, the Dragon Level Threat military advisor of the monster association that had given him a warm welcome into the Monster Association.

"So you're the one who ordered those idiots to attack me huh? Just look at the mess you've made," Garou chuckled as he walked towards the monster. Before he could walk more than a few steps, a sudden pressure pushed down on him, restricting his movement completely.

"What... the... hell!? ARGH... I can't move!"

"Your growth in such a short amount of time is astounding!" Gyoro Gyoro said gleefully as it clapped his hands together, looking down at Garou with almost adoration.

"You... you better release your hold off of me...you fuck!" Garou growled as his rage-filled eyes glared holes through the monster in front of him.

"You don't understand Garou," Gyoro Gyoro said as he raised his arms into the air, stone floating menacingly around the room. "At the moment, you can only be considered half a monster, you are yet not complete. However, despite your incomplete transformation, you withstood Overgrown Rover's burning heat bombs. Your mind and body hold limitless potential, but this will not do. But if you leave it to me, I will raise you into the strongest monster."