25. Questions and Bank Robbers

Fubuki woke up at first light, still early in the morning. She didn't really have any good sleep, especially after last night, that memory of seeing the family dead on the ground and the bodies of the mere thugs she had almost killed in absolute cold blood.

She also noticed that Spider-man was not beside her, that was until she heard noises from the bathroom, the bathroom sink was on for a moment until it stopped, the bathroom door opened to see Spider-man without his mask, "Morning, Fubuki. How are you holding up?"

"...Fine." Fubuki replied as she laid her head back down on the pillow.

Spider-man could tell she was probably telling half the truth but he'll let her recuperate at her own pace, "Ok, that's good."

Spider-man entered the kitchen to get Fubuki a glass of orange juice. Fubuki took the glass from Spider-man's hand as she was drinking the orange substance slowly, she sets the half empty glass cup on the small table, "Hey, Web-head, about last night-"

"No, you don't have to tell me right now, for the rest of the day, I just want you to relax and recover."

The Esper nodded as she sat up stretching her arms as a few joints popped here and there. She decided to turn on the TV. The news was on so she decided to turn up the volume.

"We have reports of an armed robbery in City-F, civilians casualties are at risk!" Spider-man could only clench his fist in anger, why today of all days when he wanted to help Fubuki recover.

"Go, Web-head, I'll be fine." Fubuki replied with a smile.

Spider-man couldn't abandon his responsibilities, he already had too much on his hands but he trusts Fubuki that she'll be ok, Spider-man quickly grasps his hand with hers, "I'll be back as soon I can." With that the wall-crawler takes his leave out of the balcony, each thwip becoming more faint than the last.

Fubuki decided to flip the channels as her other hand rest on her cheek.

"Yesterday, there was an incident last night at City-W, the footage was caught on video as family was gunned down a group of muggers, the hero known as Hellish Blizzard arrived at the scene and mercilessly beaten down the 6 muggers with never before seen violence and aggression, the police were about to arrive at the scene on time as the men were barely alive. Reports at the hospital say that their bones were completely shattered, organs barely functional, fractured skulls, it is a miracle that they can breathe at all. If any attempts to approach Hellish Blizzard should stay indoors and avoid with caution-" Fubuki shuts the TV off with a rush.

The news reports were proclaiming her to be a dangerous threat when that was partly the case, she couldn't necessarily blame the people for thinking that, memories began to flash in Fubuki's mind, each strike connecting to the men's bodies, each scream in the voices was being engulfed in her ears, limbs twisting and turning in the opposite directions, jawlines fractured.

Her phone began to vibrate on the table, breathing in and out slowly she grabbed her phone to see who was calling her, it was the Hero Association line.

Fubuki answered as she placed the phone to her ear, "Yes?"

"Is this Hellish Blizzard?" It was a Bearded Worker.

"Yes." Fubuki replied, she figured that the Association would eventually pick up with what happened last night.

"We need you to come down to the Hero Association headquarters in City-A. Sitch would like to talk to you."

~~~

A dozen police cars were stopped outside a bank. Many of the windscreens were shattered, the cars littered with bullet holes. Officers were crouched behind half-destroyed cars for protection. Atop the bank stairs, two men in balaclavas stood, holding machine guns and firing wildly out into the crowd of police cars.