42. A Hero or Monster? Part 2

'Whoa... he's fast," Spider-man mused as he began effortlessly dodging the villain's attacks.

Garou punched, kicked, and clawed at every opening, but he couldn't land a hit! He evaded everything on sheer reflex alone! 'This guy's an amateur! There's... there's no technique here at all! He's just reacting by reflex alone!'

Spider-man gets down into his signature stance to leg sweep Garou but the monster jumps to avoid the attack but is kicked away by Fubuki using her esper powers to fly since she wasn't used to flying at will.

Both Spider-man and Fubuki dash forward to Garou as their fight continues.

~~~

The evacuation team was on the other side of the ridge discussing what they should do next, Mumen Rider was filling in Sekingar about what they should do next, "Now that the fissures have subsided, we should be able to evacuate the danger zone by boat."

"Things might've calmed down for the moment but for all we know, monsters could pop out again at any moment. We should at least transfer the wounded to the boat as soon as possible."

Lighting Max interjects, "Those two giant monsters that were wreaking havoc just earlier, speaking of monsters, it kind of looked like they both got split right in half out of nowhere. What the hell happened?"

Tareo sitting in the background next to Waganma, knew the answer, "It was Uncle. He's the one who took them out. He's an awesome hero who protected me."

Both Mumen Rider and Lightning Max were both intrigued by it as everyone suddenly felt the ground shaking. Everyone looks up at the dark skies to see blurs of fast movements faster than the eye can possibly catch.

~~~

They begin exchanging blows while crossing large distances, reaching far into the sky.

Spider-man attacks Garou with a punch aimed at his head but Garou manages to dodge it before ax-kicking him into ground, causing a landmass to severely crack. When Spider-man stands up on his feet, Garou leaps down towards him with a hand-chop, about to strike his head but is blocked by a strong barrier much more powerful than the last, causing a forceful impact on the surroundings. However, the hand-chop is not enough to faze the barrier in the slightest, Spider-man retaliates with a simple slash from his stingers that severed Garou's forearm.

Despite this, Garou manages to regenerate his forearm quickly and attempts a punch on Spider-man, although the Spider-man is faster, punching him back first sending him away at a very far distance making Lightning Max and Sneck retreat. Fubuki looks over the horizon letting out a whistle, "Nice. Can I be next?"

Spider-man looked over his shoulder, "Oh you want to have a go at him?"

"Yes...pretty please." Fubuki jumps up and down on her heels very cute like, she was like a little kid about to enter the candy store, Spider-man repressed the urge to laugh, "Hey don't you dare laugh, this a once in a lifetime opportunity to be incredibly strong like you and Saitama."

"Okay, okay. It's just I've never seen you so power happy." Spider-man raises his hands as he gestured to the distance where Garou went so Fubuki can do as she wishes, "Have fun. I'll be close by in case you need me. Oh and don't get too overconfident."

'What's with these two?! Spider-man is insanely strong! But what the hell is up with Blizzard! She wasn't nearly as strong as before when we fought, she wouldn't even lay a scratch on me?! When they work together they are nearly untouchable!' Garou picks himself up out of the rubble as he was on his knees panting, 'Damn it! I was about to reach my goal until these two came along! I've got to take them out!'

Garou's body, in response to his anger, undergoes a mutation that increases his size and stature as well as his strength, 'What's this? A response to my rage, my body is mutating? No, my power is rising, overflowing!'

At this moment, Tareo approaches him, Garou turns to him, "Hey...You're alive."

Tareo looks in shock for a moment, 'I was right. It really is Uncle. This time I won't run away.' Tareo now forms a smile as tears fall down, "You were a hero all along weren't you!"

Garou's eyes widened as his face twisted to anger, "Ah? How many times do I have to tell you shitty brat! What part of me looks like a hero? Take a damn look! I've finally managed to change into a monster."

"You're a hero...!"

"What?"

"Just now was the third time that you saved me. I know for a fact. Whenever I'm in trouble you'll always come running to save me. To me you're the coolest greatest hero of them all. So please...please...stop pretending to be a monster. You'll make everyone misunderstand and hate you. I don't want that."

Garou could only look at the boy's sadness, 'Tsk...what the hell. Don't make that face. Not when I finally...finally...can show you the moment where the monster wins.'

"That kid has a point Garou." Fubuki walks forward to the duo, hands on her hips, "You've already proven how strong you are. You don't need to fill the world in terror and misery. You can be an amazing hero. Don't let it all go to waste just by crushing more heroes, and dojos. I even made you a chicken pot pie. Man all I see is a grown man complaining about wanting to be an unstoppable monster."

Garou was starting to lose his patience, "Watch closely brat. I'm about to destroy your outlook on life. I'll show you just how powerless heroes really are."

"Wha-" Tareo was completely shocked and realized what Garou was about to do, "Uncle, are you actually going to fight her! Don't! If you hurt any more heroes, everyone's going to really think you're a monster!"

"Out of the way, Brat."

Fubuki gets close to Garou's chest, "Come on, Garou, if you're a real deal then show me what a real monster looks like, and, no offense, you might be too chicken to take a life."

"Don't make me laugh!!!" Garou punches Fubuki in front of Tareo.

Garou is surprised that Fubuki is unscathed, Fubuki checks herself just to be sure, "Arms; check. Legs; check. Head; check." Sighs with relief in the end.

Even after taking a punch so hard head-on, Fubuki reassures Tareo after what he saw, she ruffled his bowl cut hair, "Don't worry sweetie. I'm alright."

Next Fubuki carefully flicks Garou away from the area, 'Woah! That was only just a flick! But I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.' Fubuki calls out to Garou, still flying in the distance, "Sorry!"

Fubuki turns her attention to Tareo, "Tareo, don't worry. Me and Spider-man will make sure he's still in one piece and safe. Your 'Uncle' just simply needs to blow off a bit of steam."

"O-Ok." Tareo looks up at Fubuki with hope in his eyes, "Thank you Blizzard. Thank you."

Fubuki simply smiles at his kindness as she walks forward, "You're welcome, kiddo. Just leave it to us."