34. The Hero Hunter

"GUH!" Tanktop Vegetarian sounded, as he was violently thrown against the wall of an alley.

Feeling as though his insides were burning up, the A class hero could do nothing but clutch his abdomen to try and ease the pain in some way.

"Huh, I managed to make good time getting here, the sun's still out." His assailant commented as he stood before him "I might be able to find someone who can ACTUALLY fight back." He mused as a smug grin appeared on his face.

"Wh-Who the hell are you?!" Tanktop Vegetarian questioned as he did his best to get his breath,  "I am an A class hero, not a criminal?" He asked.

"Class-A rank 9 Tanktop Vegetarian, I spotted you by chance so I decided to go after you." The other explained as he looked down at him "But I am seriously disappointed by how weak you turned out to be." He admitted as he balled his right hand into a fist.

"I hope you're prepared, because I'm about to show you what happens when you make a hero your enemy!" Tanktop Vegetarian threatened.

But before he could even move a single part of his body to try and get back up, he was dealt a swift yet powerful blow to his already injured abdomen, causing him to fall over unconscious from the pain.

"I'm looking forward to it." The man told him though he knew it probably fell on deaf ears "I'll need all the practice I can get." He added with a slight dismissive gesture in goodbye as he took his leave of the alley.

Letting out a sigh as he left the man stuck his hands into his pockets and set out to find another hero, one he hoped would be able to actually fight back.

~~~

"What's the matter, can't you stand?" S class hero Silverfang asked as he looked down at his disciple.

Ever since Charanko first arrived at the Dojo to receive training and learn how to become a great martial artist from the renowned hero Silverfang he had become used to his master's strict and exhausting training methods. From running up and down the stairs each and every morning he came, to practicing the basics of martial arts until noon, then spending the rest of the afternoon sparring with his master, before wiping the floor clean all on his own before he went home, it was all by this point routine. But something had suddenly changed, the moment he arrived earlier today for his training his master had been relentless, though not cruel or savage by any means he still did not hold back in the slightest, for instead of the usual routine he told him that they were going to spend all day sparring with each other so that he could see how much he'd learned. Yet as he lay on the floor exhausted and beaten, Charanko knew very well that he had failed to meet his master's expectations.

"What have you been doing these past six months Charanko?" He asked as he looked down at his disciple "Didn't I tell you that if you were going to become my student, you needed to train like your life depended on it? Fubuki was able to do that in mere weeks and look at how far she's nearly come." He questioned as he placed his hands behind his back "You won't be able to learn any techniques, you are not fit to be a martial artist, so I am expelling you from this dojo as of today, don't ever come back." He told him, before turning his back to him and walking away.

~~~

"After that, I caught my breath and went home." Charanko said as he looked down at his lap sadly "I know I'm not the ideal student, I don't know any potential and I'm not that strong, but master Bang never before had any kind of issue with that, nor did he ever spar with such intensity before, so I KNOW that something is wrong." He insisted as he clenched his fists "But I'm too weak to help him, that's why he sent me away, he's just trying to protect me I know it!" He exclaimed as he looked back to them "That's why I need your help One Punch Man! if there's anyone he'll talk to or let help him with whatever is troubling him it's you!"