Zinnias are beautiful at this time of the year (amazing for funerals)

(Alternative- well not really- of You SHALT. Not Feel Emotions)

AN: Wrote for one of my twt moots contest about Flower Symbolism, so i took that au that i previously posted and wrote this-
-Short one guys, srry

-_____________________________________-

✨It's been 4 years.

4 year anniversary of his dead ex lover and his wedding. Honestly being left a widow on a wedding night really messed up Grian

And that brought him here, sitting on the floor of his mansion with a bouquet of red zinnias.

Taurtis really liked red.

-----------------------

Today is exactly 4 years since the death of his ex fiancé, Taurtis.

Taurtis and Grian know each other since they were kids, they went through a lot while growing up. They were an unbreakable duo.

Of course, that was until high school happened and then they met Sam.

Sam, the cause of most of their trauma, pain, and suffering.
Sam was someone who they thought they could trust and be friends with and, yeah! They did became friends but after a while, Sam just started acting more violent and manipulative towards Grian and Taurtis...thebreaking point for them being when Sam actually stabbed Taurtis because he thought Taurtis was flirting with Yuki, Sam's "girlfriend" at the time.

But no, Grian sadly couldn't do anything about that, when Taurtis and him gotten into a bus crash while trying to leave Japan and run away from Sam, Taurtis got seriously injured and fell into a coma.

That didn't go well for Grian, at all.
Sam didn't even acknowledge Taurtis being in a coma, just asked Grian to act like Taurtis- making him wear the iconic blue uniform he always wore.

When they finally escaped with lots of help from Ellen, Grian'S ex-partner helped them with their "witch powers". Grian never actually found out what Ellen actually was, he just went with the idea of them being a witch- not like they had a problem with that anyways.

But.
One thing about Taurtis and Grian, firstly.
Their relationship was ambiguous, they were friends-with-benefits for the longest time in high school and it was a deal between the two.
If they didn't  find a partner before they turned twenty-two, they would just get married.

Of course that wasn't the case in their situation.

At the end of Evo, or as the Audience liked to call it "the big Lost within" , when Grian was taken to become a Watcher alongside with Watcher I and Watcher II- Otherwise known as –Universe and Diamond– Taurtis begged Universe to take him with it (he pleaded just to be besides the one he loves.)

Unfortunate really.
Imagine getting murdered in front of everyone by Diamond because of your show of emotions.

Pathetic.

So why did Universe, out of everyone, muttered to Grian while holding him in its arms, a tight embrace while Universe spoke softly to him...

"And the Universe said you are loved"?

Not even a moment after, Grian found himself for next few months stuck in some kind of a dungeon (which definitely didn't trigger some... Dark memories for him), Watchers trying to get him under its control.

But finally... Luck finally gotten to Grian too and a group of Admins came to rescue him. Xisuma, Grian's Admin on the Hermitcraft server being one of them, letting him stay.

That was when season VI of Hermitcraft started.

And this is where it led him.
The other Hermits were preparing to leave the season VII but yet.

There's Grian.

Sitting on and floor of his mansion, holding a bouquet of zinnias.

Something happened and it triggered Grian to go into a bad trance, imagining his old love and him dancing.

What kind of a shitty person would do something like this, you might ask.

Well.

After it ended, he finally opened his eyes hi unknowingly had closed seconds ago, turning his head to look at the watcher next to him.

"That. Was a shitty move"

"How's that, Dear sun?"

"Making me watch my dead lover and i's last dance wasn't alright!" he said in a frustration at it.

"You shalt moved on, Xelqua.
You shalt accept emotion aren't something you shall have."

"How does one moves on from losing their loved one and their missing puzzle piece, huh Diamond!?"

The Watcher visibly shrugged as its hand moved to its mask, moving it slightly just so its mouth, if you even could consider it one, was visible

"Oh but you forgot something here, dear Sun."

Few seconds of tense silence passed, then the Watcher spoke again.

"We are Watchers, We Do Not Feel Emotions."
Watcher smirked, its teeth appearing very sharp- if it could bite. It would.

And in that same moment everything went black for Grian, the bouquet long forgotten.