Love Is Dead (it was never alive)

Wc: 946

Author is in shambles 👍

fic written In like 30 minutes, so don't expect anything good.
- hurt/no comfort
-Scar centric
-Canon story / Limited life ending
-Spoilers!
-tell me if i missed anything 👍

--
It wasn’t meant to be, it’s what they’re saying.

Scar spent his last moments with his family before they were slaughtered and murdered by the other for some extra time, was it worth it?

Was any of this worth it? This blood-thirsty game is controlled by the ones who watch, by the ones who observe and wish for more power and to take envy from so-called players.

The ones whose eyes are eternal, selfish bright with want of power that they cannot get but still will do anything in their power to take anything.

Pulling invisible strings out of nowhere towards players to weaken them and making them believe over and over again that the only reason all of them are here is just to suffer in plain agony and to do anything, anything in their ’will’ to survive. Murder will become common very quickly upon starting every world of survival they were placed in without any further explanation or information.

This was no different.

14 players, only 24 hours for them to live.

All of them were on red, so the Boogieman curse was lifted. Gratefully.

All that Scar wanted was to win. He, like many, was blinded by the ones with many eyes' greed to survive and with an unknown prize that came with it at the end. The fame and joy that he thought he would have if he had won would be greater than anything he ever got or needed in his life.

Alas, unbeknown to Scar or anyone else that was tied up in this forsaken game, it wasn’t a great deal at the end.

All of this only meant that, even if you won, you would be only rewarded with painful and terrific memories and flashes of every time they stole, burnt anything, killed anyone... All of it is forever stuck engraved in their brain, to never forget what kind of a monster they were turned into.

Even if is it against their own will, mentally they will not remember a single thing from the past games in present ones, but when they return back safely with new traumatic memories to their home worlds... That’s when they begin to understand the pain they caused to their fellow server-mates.

But now, the urge to kill, burn, win...is unbearably Huge.

Scar will win, no matter what it took.

·       

But that also meant killing his family, his mother, and his brother.

Of course, they were not a real, blood-related, family. But that didn’t matter.

Scar cared about Cleo and Bdubs, he did! Really!

But if it meant betraying them to get what he wants was more... Greater.

He was glad he successfully took Tango's life for those 30 minutes. It was not much but he was already dangerously close to passing away from running out of time.

Tango was a nice person, Scar will admit. But his precious time was nicer and he had a couple of things to take care of while he still had time.

He ran and ran while actively trying to dodge these damn skeletons and random mobs that spawn around him, it’s the night after all. The last night of this series that they’ll experience.

But then, a message popped up in the main chat

  |Bigbst4tz2 was blown up by ImpulseSV

  |PearlescentMoon was blown up by ImpulseSV

Now that, that shocked Scar.

Did Impulse get a double kill with simple TNT, maybe crystals? That is no good news for Scar, he should stay away from Impulse for as long as possible for meanwhile.

Scar soon stood next to Cleo and Scott who were teaming up and just talking about Impulse’s double kill, and yes. It turns out he was sort of right, those were kills done by crystals.

Again, not good news.

One chit-chat later, he now stood on top of the mountain next to the Noisy Neighbours base, trying to distract Tango as the other two ran away.

Scar did have the high ground here but zombies said otherwise and if he didn’t move in time, he would most likely be dead from them rather than by Tango who was getting some good crits on Scar.

After a quick fight and the run from Tango, who wanted revenge for his precious time that was taken away from him by Scar, he ran and teamed with Grian!

Ah yes.

Grian, he did not expect to be taken out by him out of all people. But this was... The second time.

It’s exactly two years since the first Life game and the anniversary of Grian winning and slaying him with his own bare hands.

Maybe Grian found happiness in killing Scar.

Hilarious. Heh.

One moment they were shooting at TIES that were climbing up the ladders in the high, starry night... And the other Grian killed him with no mercy.

„It's the ultimate betrayal...“ Grian almost whispered to himself but enough for Scar to hear.

His eyes went wide with realization and immediately started backing away, pleading with Grian to spare him. But it was too late.

Love, friendship... Nothing like that existed here. Scar didn’t know what he felt at the start of all of this but he knew he once loved Grian and that Grian loved him.

Once at least, long ago.

Once, long ago... Scar couldn’t bare remember when but they were one. In love, He meant. They were something and someone but they were nothing or anything but to feel like nothingness.

Where did it all go? Were they in this just to suffer?

Scar didn’t know, and he hoped that they forgave him for his sins and betrayal.