I Was One Of Them (1/2)

Day 11 of me trying to write everyday! (day 9 & 10 skipped for private reasons)

WC: 785
TW/CW- nothing but slight self-loathing

______________________________________

Watchers are infatuating entities that are, to some degree, seen as devine beings that help mortal players with any task.

Of course, it’s very well known that there’s a difference and a price to pay. Or at, to those who were met with Watchers and were helped by them.
That’s what Grian knows. He was stupid and young, didn’t know any better when he became an Admin and made a server to run away from his high school past. But then, it all went wrong.

It started with small thing, Watchers helping them level up to another version, allowing the players to get new blocks and focus less on old lag and such. Grian was first suspicious but thankful that there’s someone or rather something helping him work and learn as an Admin.

But after some time, he became more reckless, doing more pranks, being greedy to the point that Watchers would punish him with different ways but main one would be the obsidian over his chest.

Of course he was unhappy with his punishments but understood to some degree that if he didn’t take the extra diamond from someone else’s chest and just accepted his coal, from his own chest along side some leaves, he wouldn’t be. Alas, this was a Grian we’re talking about.

He didn’t stop and he went on to prank other Evolutionists, such as Property Police or asking Taurtis to join his Empire. (Which Taurtis declined and dissappeared not long after that, which surprised Grian but it wasn’t the first time he did so)
That went on a while and the rest is history.

That’s exactly what brings Grian to the panic this moment. It was H.H.H monthly meetings.

They always start these meeting with asking who’s working on which project, which is why these meetings even exist. The meaning in its name, Hermits Helping Hermits, which means if another member needs any help with a project they’re working on.

Grian, himself, wasn’t the one to ask for help with any of his projects. If he has a problem that he’s struggling with, he’ll just suck it up and do it by himself. Why bother the other Hermits with his problems? They have their own problems and project to work on, besides, his aren’t as important.

But of course, as any meeting, people began to talk.

“Are you sure Joe? That sounds like a scary bad times story for kids to me” Gem pointed out to the other she was was talking to.
Now that caught Grians attention, he wasn’t sure why but it did.
“Yeah I’m sure! Watchers are very much real, i mean just ask Grian!”

Oh. Oh.

That certainly took his attention.
Grian and Gem made eye contact as she turned around with an eyebrow raise before laughing slightly awkwardly before turning back to the person next to her.

She wasn’t really as surprised that Grian heard them talk and mention him, he was sitting next to Gem, after all.

“Grian?” Gem questioned, this somehow gathered everyone’s attention.

Grian, if he wasn’t Grian, would probably just out of his seat and run away to hide. That is, if this was 2 years ago, he grown.
So he just sat there frozen in his seat, waiting to see where this would go.

“Yeah! Weren’t you acquainted with Watchers before, Grian?” Joe looked over Gem, directly at Grian. Now, he knew that Joe was just interesting and a nerd, all knowing even! She meant no malice for as far.

“i- i was yes?” Grian said, more so as a question than anything, what was he even supposed to say at that? ‘Hey all, yes I’m actually one of them! Or at least i ran and became a traitor!’

“Was that more of a question?  did you actually?” Gem laughed at his stutter.

Grian gulped but answered casually as he could.
“i mean, i did- they were helping me with my server when i first started being an Admin”

“Is that so?” this time, Xisuma asked curiously.

Grian just nodded.
“Which server was it? How come i didn’t know?”

Honestly Grian wasn’t sure how to ecen start explaining this.
“Uh- Evo, or EvolutionSMP… some of you might know it as The server that was first for Watcher to appear on” he said, ignoring the shocked expressions.

And that’s how they came to this point

Grian being the last one to go through the portal that would lead them to his old server.

He took a deep breath and looked behind him, looking at his brightly colourful wings. He knows they’ll stop being so the second he passes through this portal.

Hell, how was he supposed to explain two new pairs??