A Sweet, Emerald Tea

Day 5 of #Hermitcraftweek2023
Caffè AU!

Where Grian opens a café after collage and hangs out with Scar!

----------------------------
AN:

Listen, i don't like this one at all- i liked the first 700 or so words but then romance happened and i don't know shit about it (aroace moment-)

So ye, i apologies very much if it doesn't make sense, or there are holes in the story.
I'll check over it yet again in the morning since it's 11pm here and I'm So tiredd

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

Now, one would probably wonder and ask themselves “Why open a Coffee shop? Most of them don’t even last a year!”.
And Grian did think of that, of course. He had many of his few friends tell him that it was probably a bad idea to invest to open a Coffee shop right after he finished college.

And they were proven wrong.
You see Grian thought it would be a hilarious and a good idea to re-open the old Caffè shop that was across the campus where he went to college, since as he was a student not long ago- he, himself, needed lots of caffeine to survive the days and days of constant work, drawing, learning, catching up with family, and suchlike.

He drank lots of coffee, energy drinks, and a root beer here and there… just to pick his pace up on getting everything done and just having at least four hours of sleep. (he sometimes had to pull an all-nighter to finish his assignments, and due to that he’d drank around six or so cups of pure black Turkish coffee in a 24h period)

To say by that, Grian knew how a young’s adults brain worked. Oh definitely, he has seen it all in college!

To drunk students that just think this is all a game that they could just pay to pass, to nerds that are burning themselves alive from all the work and worrying (Grian would lie if he said he wasn’t one himself. He worries and over-analyzes every possible step), to people who are equally trying to have fun but also pass the collage and make something out of their lives, to people who are just learning but are too depressed to do anything about it, so coffee it is.

Enough of that though, that was two years ago. And Grian’s Coffee shop is buzzing with popularity. (His sister’s words not his, she was always there for him and Pearl was the first one to start working at the coffee shop to help him. Grian couldn’t thank her enough for that.)

While Grian did work alongside while being in college, he would also get some of the money sent to him from Pearl and his parents to keep them secured for food and such.
And with extra money Grian had, he saved away.
And that’s how this baby came to life, a renovated Caffè called Evolution.

Grian was proud of this little Caffè, it wasn’t anything big! It was just a cozy hobbit-looking Caffè with forest green re-painted walls.

The TV in the background that’s playing some random, but chill music. Pictures hung up around the wall, painted by Grian himself. The greenery here and there, the easiest plants to take care of just hanging around, just so there were no worries to water them every day and such.
The aesthetic was exactly, the perfect image of what Grian had in mind.
And don’t get him wrong! He couldn’t do it at all without his friends and his siblings!

Just to think how badly this place looked two years ago, is just unbelievable.
The transformation went from abandoned, moldy, dusty, rusty, place…to something this beautiful? Who would’ve thought?
Absolutely nuts.

Today, not surprisingly, was slow.
It was Friday, so no wonder it was pretty calm in Evo (a nickname given by one of his closest friends, Martyn), it was currently afternoon and it was pretty close to closing.

Grian was left to the duty of closing on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and Pearl on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. And since it was a Friday he’s locking it up tonight for tomorrow.
Sure he still had about an hour or two before he was supposed to pack everything up and go home, surely he could just pack it up and go home early? Right?

Ding!

Welp.
And there his hopes go.

“Grian!! How are you doing today- or well tonight now?” the person cheerily spoke when they entered, waving at Grian.
Scar. The man himself.
Scar was one of Grians best of friends he had since college. He knew Scar for about four or so years now, and he had to say, Scar was probably the closest friend he ever had- well, besides Mumbo but he was more like a brother to Grian if anything.

Scar and Grian met in a college library while Grian, of course, was trying to learn about architecture when Scar came to his table to ask him for help.
Scar approached Grians table, asking if he could help him find a certain book about astronomy, saying he couldn’t find it on the shelves. Grian, half asleep, but somewhat conscious, looked up from his notebooks to Scar, and safe to say that Grian was lost for words.

Scar was, for the lack of words, handsome. Really handsome. He had a charming smile that could anyone possibly fall for and his shining green eyes…
Grian was at a loss for words, he mumbled something about having the book he wanted in his backpack as he started taking it out to give it to him. Scar at first declined, saying that there was probably a copy and with little help, he could find it.
Grian assured him that he already read it a good few times already so it was fine for him to take it.

And surprisingly, that’s how their friendship started to form.
Grian learned more and more about Scar over these last few years. He learned that Scar used to swim and that he had gotten really far into it as to winning a few gold medals and such! But also that Scar had to quit because of his condition.
Grian also learned that Scar is an excellent artist!! Oh and that he had an adorable cat named Jellie!

After spending lots of time together, Grian surprisingly caught feeling for a scarred man, but did he do anything about it? Absolutely not.
Grian thought that if he expressed his lovely feelings, it would ruin that perfectly great friendship they had formed. So he just stayed shut about it.
Over the years, the feeling didn’t leave. But Grian learned how to deal with them.

Safe to say, Grian was glad that it was Scar who entered the shop.

Thanks void there was no one else here, jeez.

“Hi Scar, could be better honestly- pretty tired” Grian returned with a half smile, he was really tired- what does one need to do to get a few hours of peaceful sleep?

A frown appeared on scarred man's face as he took a better look at the blonde in front of him. The dark circles and freckles around Grians eyes were pretty visible currently, he usually puts on some concealer to cover them but of course after hours and hours on end… it came off.

Grian wasn’t big on wearing makeup usually but in college after studying for hours on end and many sleepless nights, his big sister, Pearl, recommended him to start using concealer to hide toned skin around his eyes to appear at least a bit lively.
She even brought him to the store to buy one with her money, which again, Grian really appreciate her for that as makeup wasn’t really cheap.

Scar’s face looked puzzled as he stared at Grian without another word, as he walked around the bar, now standing in front of Grian.
Grian’s face became red and warm to the touch as Scar took Grians face with his hands, his hands so soft that Grian almost didn’t want to leave… whatever was happening.
Grian opened his mouth to speak but no words left his mouth, he felt like he was paralyzed with no emotional strength to move.
He felt comfortable in Scar’s touch.

“I- Umm, Scar..?” Grian whispered somehow, what was happening to him? He felt warm, did he have a fever?

“Hm?”

“I need to close the store, it's well past closing I don’t want anyone…” Grian continued as his eyes wandered towards the doors, scared that someone might walk In…on whatever this was.

It was well past closing time by now, probably. Grian had no idea how long have they been just standing there.
“walking in while it’s closing time?” Scar finished the sentence for him, something was off about Scar. His voice was a bit deeper and he had a puzzled yet soft expression while looking at Grian.

“Scar… are you okay?” Grian asked him, he could hear his own beating heart in his head so that he could almost feel it like it was gonna burst out of his chest. His face was still very warm from the tips of his ears to his neck.
Scar looked about the same way…

Scar nodded as he answered him, finally taking his hands off Grians face “I’m all right, not sure about you Grian, you look sick”
Grian felt both nervous and sad about the lack of Scar’s touch, was he actually sick?

Grian just stared at Scar, something was not right to Grian.

“Let’s go close the shop then I can walk you back to your home if you want? It is pretty late.” Scar suggested, he was now standing awkwardly with a small smile on his face.

A frown appeared on Grians face, what just happen?
Firstly, Scar came really late to the Caffè for whatever reason, then held Grians face while looking into his eyes while being almost chest to chest, then now said that he'll walk him home after accusing him of being sick?

Jeez, Grian did love this man but he wasn't that oblivious.

Grian took Scar's hand to stop him from walking away from the exit, Scar turned towards him humming in question.
He turned to look at Grian but was shocked as Grian hugged him, throwing his arms around his neck.

Scar's eyes blew wide but he put his hands on his hips. Grian relax into his touch as he felt the pump of confidence he had a moment ago leave his body.

Their faces were just inches away

Before Grian could pull away, Scar pulled Grian into a soft kiss closing the distance between them.

The kiss felt like fireworks, like nothing Grian felt before. Something magical.

Kiss surprised both Scar and Grian since Grian never thought that Scar would actually want to do anything with Grian and Scar.

But there they were.

Kissing in the middle of Grian's Caffè.

Well. That was until Grian heard the very known sound...

Ding!

Grian pulled away to look at the person entering "Sorry we are cl- PEARL."

"Oh, hi Pearl!" Scar called out to her cheerily, as if they just weren't caught making out with each other by Grian's sister.

Pearl just stared at them with a shocked expression, she did not have to say a word, her expression said everything to Grian.

The one that meant "Everyone will know by the morning, get ready.",

"Sooo, are you gonna- You knowww..."

"Leave you alone for a few more minutes? Sure, I don't even want to know" Pearl finished Scar's sentence with a laugh and a grin plastered on her face, leaving the building.

Scar looked at Grian, laughing a bit at Grians hilariously shocked look on his face.

Grian finally snapped at that and looked at Scar with a worried expression.

"SCAR!"

Scar burst into laughter, so much that he almost fell to the ground from laughing so much.

"Y-you know Grian..." Scar tried speaking without laughing at the same time, pulling Grian into a hug "you worry a bit too much"

"well someone has to! Moron..." The last part went mumbled over, as Grian face was now laying on Scar's chest. Not that Grian complained-

"yeah sure, but I'm your moron now!"

"I hate you so much, you know that?"

"no, you don't."

"no... No, I don't."